Senior Transportation Engineer | Calgary, AB | Edmonton, AB
You didn't go to school to be a number in a big machine, so why work for one? By joining McIntosh Perry, you will be able to make an impact in the communities where you live and work. Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Western Canada Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for leading our project teams during design and construction project phases. You will be working in a fully or semi hybrid role depending on the projects. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective leadership of project teams consisting of project managers, engineers, and technologists during design and construction project phases;
- Develop and manage overall work progress, schedules, budgets, and technical performance on multiple projects to ensure timelines and targets are being met;
- Identify and pursue client business development with Alberta government, municipalities and other transportation infrastructure opportunities;
- Provide guidance and take the lead in the preparation of proposals, development of work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations;
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, industry professionals, sub-consultants and other business leaders to grow the business;
- Collaborate with design teams within other operating locations in Alberta and Ontario;
- Complete the geometric design of highways, municipal roads, and intersections including urban and rural, new/greenfield and rehabilitation/reconstruction;
- Develop preliminary and detailed engineering deliverables including reports, plans, quantities, specifications, and contract/tender documents;
- Interpret and implement requirements from regulatory bodies;
- Monitor industry standards and developments, assess client needs and make concrete decisions on proposed solutions;
- Perform technical reviews of work prepared by colleagues for quality assurance purposes;
- Provide support and development of divisional technical staff;
- Provide construction administration liaison and complete construction supervision and site inspections on an as-needed basis;
- Complete reviews of Contractor submittals including but not limited to Traffic Accommodation Plans, ECO Plans, and construction related submittals;
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with all safety codes, guidelines, and regulations forming our Health Safety & Environmental management system; and
- Participate in all assigned Health and Safety training programs.
- Completion of a university degree in Civil Engineering;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.);
- Minimum 10 years’ of progressive consulting experience completing transportation projects for Alberta Transportation or Municipal clients;
- Demonstrated experience with Alberta Transportation design guidelines and construction specifications;
- Ability to read and understand survey plans and drawings;
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software would be considered an asset;
- Excellent field negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Available to travel, evenings and weekends may be necessary;
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance; and
- Provide a 3 year driver abstract with 2 or less minor incidents and no major incidents.
- 2711 39 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T1Y 4T8, Canada
- Edmonton, AB, Canada