Building Science Specialist
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our building quality assurance services cover all phases of the project. We work closely with our clients throughout the entire life cycle of the project and are the leading experts in Quality Assurance.
Our professional engineers have worked on buildings of all sizes across Canada and provide construction management consulting to our clients.
We are considered the preeminent providers of Tarion Registrar Bulletin 19 Field Review Consultant services for condominiums. We fully understand the myriad of regulations in the Tarion Registrar Bulletin 19 program and are one of the largest providers of B19 services in Ontario.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun delivering high-quality projects regardless of the project size, we are looking for new talent to join our supportive and dynamic team and enable you to turn possibilities into reality. Our GTA office is based in Vaughan, ON although we offer remote work environment, working from home and in the field supporting projects across the Greater Toronto Area, Barrie, Ottawa.
Our Core Purpose - Turning Possibilities Into Reality represents our commitment to solving problems, getting things done and moving forward through collaboration with clients and teams.
As one of the country’s fastest growing engineering firms with more than 800 project managers, engineers, technical experts and problems solvers across North America, McIntosh Perry is proud to be a Platinum Club Winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Building Services team, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with proposal requests, including preparing proposals and attending mandatory site visits;
- Performing condition assessment services and developing repair design strategies for industrial, commercial, residential, and institutional buildings;
- Conducting on-site review and documentation of site work, structural framing, building envelope, mechanical systems, plumbing equipment, electrical systems, conveying equipment, and interior finishes;
- Preparing replacement or major repair specifications and contract documents for tendering, bid acceptance, field review, and contract administration;
- Drafting and finalizing reports and communicating the results of reviews to the client, including meetings with clients as needed;
- Providing input, as required, on project execution strategies from the perspective of overall efficiency, creativity, and technical acumen;
- Consulting on apparent life-cycle, remaining life, and probable repair or replacement strategies;
- Developing Class D, order-of-magnitude, cost estimates for the strategies;
- Formulating cash flow scenarios related to short-, medium-, and long-term repair and replacement needs; Assisting in continuous improvement of the department's work; and,
- Performing other duties as assigned
- In depth knowledge of construction systems and assemblies (including site work, structural framing, building envelope, mechanical systems, plumbing equipment, electrical systems, conveying equipment, and interior finishes);
- Completion of post-secondary education (college or university) in a related field (civil or structural engineering, building, or architectural science, mechanical engineering or an applied science);
- P. Eng., M.A.A.T.O., C.E.T., PQS, or C. Tech designations or eligibility is considered an asset;
- Health & Safety training requirements in construction projects also considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within a complex and growing organization;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, SharePoint, One Drive;
- Willing to travel across Canada and into the United States; and,
- Must have a valid G driver’s license/insurance to travel outside of GTA.
Eligibility to Work in Canada - It is important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
(Referral Code - Class B)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada
- Vaughan, ON, Canada