The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville
invites applications for the position of
Corporate Services Department
(Full-time position, 35 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville is seeking a Legislative Co-ordinator. Reporting to the Deputy Clerk, this position is responsible for supporting By-law Enforcement and for the provision of legislative services to Council and committees. This position shall also act as Secretary-Treasurer of the Committee of Adjustment and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Clerk’s Division.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the By-law Enforcement group including intake, assignment and tracking of complaints, preparation of reports and assisting with administrative tasks; preparing and following up on enforcement related documents such as letters, orders and prosecution paperwork; issuing permits and licenses; and co-ordinating the development of projects and initiatives in collaboration with other divisions.
- Providing support to the various committees of Council and Council - Public Meetings, including agenda and minute preparation, circulation of agenda and meeting attendance; tracking draft agenda materials and ensuring timely submission of reports, delegations and presentations for distribution of agendas.
- Acting as Secretary-Treasurer to the Committee of Adjustment and providing legislative support to the committee, including preparation of minutes and decisions; administering and overseeing the receiving, processing, and circulation of applications, including the processing of appeals; and tracking fulfillment of related conditional and statutory responsibilities of the Planning Act.
- Performing the duties of Deputy Division Registrar, Deputy Issuer of Marriage Licences, and Commissioner of Oaths in accordance with provincial legislation.
- Respond to enquiries from and liaising with the general public and other levels of government and staff, regarding the operation of the Clerk’s Division.
- Assist the Clerk in the conduct of the municipal elections.
- Assist the Deputy Clerk with records management functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Public Administration, Office Administration, or legal related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive, related and demonstrated experience.
- Knowledge and experience with the Municipal Act, Planning Act, Building Code Act, by-laws, practices and procedures of Clerk’s division.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Council policy and procedures as it relates to Council administration and conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to complete tasks, work with a high degree of accuracy and to complete work within fixed timelines.
- Excellent analytical, writing, interpersonal, political acuity, organizational, and time management skills.
- Candidate must be able to attend evening meetings as required.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check, in accordance with the duties of this position.
Salary Range: $66,217.79 to $77,467.57, Band 8 on the Town’s 2023 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes in confidence, addressed to Sarah Alexander, Co-ordinator, Human Resources, no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 1, 2023. Applications may be submitted online or in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
To select the best candidates to serve the Town of Orangeville and its people, several screening tools, including Police Record Checks are required as part of the hiring process for some employment or volunteer positions. When requested, applicants are required to provide a Police Record Check as a condition of their offer of employment. Police Record Checks must be dated within three (3) months of the employment offer to be considered valid. The specific type of Police Record Check required will be indicated in the job posting qualifications.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $66,217.79
- Max Hiring Rate $77,467.57
- Town of Orangeville - Town Hall, 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada