Summer Camp Counsellor
The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville
invites applications for
Community Services Department
Full-time contract dates: July 3, 2023 to September 1, 2023
Mandatory training dates June 10, 17, 26 to 28
The Town of Orangeville is seeking multiple Camp Counsellors for the planning, delivery and general administration of the Town’s 2023 summer camps. Duties of the position will include planning camp activities, with a focus on safe and inclusive programming; leading and participating in camp activities; ensuring materials and supplies are prepared, and program areas are clean and tidy; attending staff meetings; participating in pool activities as required; incorporating HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development into daily programming; completing attendance; communicating with parents regarding programming, scheduling, or concerns; checking program areas and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair; and other duties as assigned. The successful candidates will be expected to work some weekends depending on program and training needs. Mandatory camp training days are scheduled in June, and successful candidates must be available to work on Canada Day. Hours of work will be forty (40) hours per week during camps, depending on business needs.
- Completion of a secondary school diploma or equivalent, and enrollment in a full-time post-secondary program
- Enrollment in a post-secondary education program related to recreation or education would be an asset
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development would be an asset
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR
- Excellent communication skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Hourly Rate: $16.64 (2023 rate)
- To be eligible for this job, students must be enrolled in full-time post-secondary education. Students may be asked to provide proof of enrolment.
- Virtual interview formats are available.
- Successful candidates must complete a Vulnerable Sector Check in accordance with the duties of this position.
- All Town student positions are subject to budget and grant approval, and thus may be subject to change.
Eligible students are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Co-ordinator. Applications may be submitted online, or in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
To select the best candidates to serve the Town of Orangeville and its people, several screening tools, including Police Record Checks are required as part of the hiring process for some employment or volunteer positions. When requested, applicants are required to provide a Police Record Check as a condition of their offer of employment. Police Record Checks must be dated within three (3) months of the employment offer to be considered valid. The specific type of Police Record Check required will be indicated in the job posting qualifications.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $16.64
- Town of Orangeville - Recreation Centres, 275 Alder Street, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada