The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville
invites applications for the position of
Corporate Services Department
(Contract position, 35 hours per week)
The Town is seeking a Records Assistant, for an eighteen (18) month contract opportunity. Reporting to the Deputy Clerk, this contract position shall facilitate the integration of departmental records into the Town’s Corporate Records Management Program.
- Assisting the Deputy Clerk and Co-ordinator, Records with administering the Town’s Records Management Program; maintaining the corporate records classification system; maintaining and indexing all corporate legal documents including contracts.
- Assisting in the implementation, operation, and future expansion of the Corporate Records Management Program, including providing training related to records and information management; assisting with development and implementation of policy initiatives related to records management; and assisting the Deputy Clerk and Co-ordinator, Records with records management functions.
- Assisting the Clerk in the conduct of the municipal elections.
- Performing the duties of a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Responding to enquiries and liaising with the general public and other levels of government and staff, both on the telephone and in person.
- Providing general administrative support to the Clerk’s Division.
- Providing back-up to the Co-ordinator, Records as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Records & Information Management, Public Administration, Office Legal Administration or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of records management experience.
- Records and Information Management Certificate would be an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of records and information management including methods and techniques of document indexing and coding.
- Knowledge and experience with the Ontario Municipal Records Management System (TOMRMS) classification system, and Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS), would be an asset.
- Valid G Driver’s license, and access to a vehicle for the purpose of travel to other facilities.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check, including but not limited to a Criminal Record Check in accordance with the duties of this position.
Salary Range: $50,632.94 to $59,267.43, Band 5 on the Town’s 2023 Salary Pay Grid, plus a contract benefits package
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, addressed to Sarah Alexander, Co-ordinator, Human Resources, no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 8, 2023. Applications may be submitted online or submitted in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
To select the best candidates to serve the Town of Orangeville and its people, several screening tools, including Police Record Checks are required as part of the hiring process for some employment or volunteer positions. When requested, applicants are required to provide a Police Record Check as a condition of their offer of employment. Police Record Checks must be dated within three (3) months of the employment offer to be considered valid. The specific type of Police Record Check required will be indicated in the job posting qualifications.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Contract
- Min Hiring Rate $50,632.94
- Max Hiring Rate $59,267.43
- Town of Orangeville - Town Hall, 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada