The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville
invites applications for the positions of
Community Services Department
The Town of Orangeville Community Services Department regularly seeks qualified individuals for the position of Junior Instructor. Duties of these positions include:
- Arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to shift; ensure that the pool deck area is safe for all users and that emergency first aid equipment is in its proper place; maintain a clean pool deck, pool equipment and change rooms.
- Install buoy lines and other equipment in pool as required, ensure adequate equipment is available (flutter board/reach pole/spinal boards).
- Participate in regular staff training programs, maintain aquatic certification and ability to perform exercises in emergency situations.
- Provide instruction in aquatic programs or perform lifeguard services; alert at all times in order to be prepared for emergencies; enforce pool facility policies, procedures, rules and regulations; maintain accurate records pertaining to lesson plans and report cards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some secondary school education
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR C certification
- Lifesaving Swim Instructor or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification (for candidates selected for employment holding a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification, a transfer clinic will be offered by the Town)
- Bronze Cross Certification
- Up to six (6) months of experience instructing aquatic programs, including training and volunteering
- Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check, including but not limited to a Vulnerable Sector Check in accordance with the duties of this position.
Hourly Range: $16.32 to $17.65, Band 1 on the Town’s 2023 Pay Grid
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant for the next round of hiring. Applications may be submitted online or in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
To select the best candidates to serve the Town of Orangeville and its people, several screening tools, including Police Record Checks are required as part of the hiring process for some employment or volunteer positions. When requested, applicants are required to provide a Police Record Check as a condition of their offer of employment. Police Record Checks must be dated within three (3) months of the employment offer to be considered valid. The specific type of Police Record Check required will be indicated in the job posting qualifications.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.32
- Max Hiring Rate $17.65
- Town of Orangeville - Recreation Centres, 275 Alder Street, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada