Abbotsford, BC, Canada Req #235
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Title: Executive Assistant
Ministry: Global Aid Network (GAiN)
Location: Abbotsford National Resource Center, BC
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Position type: Full-time, salaried (40 hours/ week)
Global Aid Network Canada (GAiN) is a worldwide humanitarian relief and development organization dedicated to relieving suffering, restoring dignity, and revealing hope to people living in some of the toughest places on earth.
Restoring Lives: GAiN’s passion is to ease the challenging living situations that people experience in everyday life in developing countries by providing them with the tools and resources they require.
Revealing Hope: GAiN aspires to not only bring tangible humanitarian aid to people living in difficult situations, but to also see them come to faith in Jesus Christ and share it with others. Employing a discipleship and church planting strategy in tandem following the gift of clean water, critical aid and sustainable development, GAiN seeks to embrace people with the love of God, to let them know they are of value and significance, and to restore their dignity.
Power to Change (P2C) helps people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
The Executive Assistant role will provide administrative support for GAiN’s CEO and COO, as well as critical donor and foundation support for the CEO in consultation with the Donor Advancement team at GAiN.
The ideal candidate will work well with a variety of team members and demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment. They will take initiative to solve unexpected challenges with sound judgment and discernment and balance multiple priorities at a time.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
Executive Team Support
- Manage the CEO’s calendar with great attention to detail and effective time management
- The CEO and COO’s expense reconciliations and travel arrangements are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Corporate cell phone plans and corporate card reconciliations are completed accurately each month
- Serve as the first point of contact for donors on CEO’s caseload
- Accurately manage CEO’s calendar including initiating donor meetings and confirming details
- Ensure the CEO is prepared for meetings with donors and donor events including preparing donor proposals/reports in coordination with the Donor Advancement team
- Ensure donor data is captured in a clear and organized manner and entered into appropriate databases
- Ensure foundation reports are prepared and sent to foundation representatives as requested and in line with foundation cycles
- Research and collect information for foundation funding applications in coordination with the Donor Advancement team
- Executing special project/team events as needed
- Participate in leadership development on an ongoing basis
- Attend Chapel, prayer and staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- You have a deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- You have a genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- You have a heart to serve the GAiN team through your administrative skills
- You are dependable, organized and detail-oriented, able to track goals, details and data
- You enjoy working in a collaborative team setting but can focus attention on a detailed task
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are able to prioritize your time and handle competing priorities
- You are proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as with the Google Suite (email, calendar etc.)
Education and Experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Job or comparable experience in the international development space is an asset
- An undergrad degree in Commerce or Business Administration an asset
- Experience with Google Business Suite and Salesforce is an asset
What We Offer Our Staff:
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits
- Health Care Spending Account
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 3.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation
- Free registration for FamilyLife Weekend Getaway
- Extra vacation week from Christmas to New Year
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada