Bilingual Veterinary Service Field Sales Representative
The Veterinary Service Representative will be responsible for driving growth of various products and services concentrating on pet insurance and ecosystem products and services by educating veterinarians and their staff on the benefits of the product or service. This is primarily an outside sales representative position, but virtual veterinary sales calls may sometimes be necessary in an assigned territory (Canada East - QC, NB, NS, PEI, NFLD).
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to develop their sales territory within a local geography of over 1000 targeted veterinary practices; as well as identify potential strategic partnerships and other opportunities to promote and increase the demand for pet health insurance within the veterinary community. They will obtain and maintain a OTL license, will be responsive and provide excellent service. This role is remote and field-based.
Our products and services are marketed to North American consumers through a wide variety of online and offline direct marketing initiatives, as well as through veterinarians, insurance brokers and employee benefits programs.
Remote work is not available in AK, MT, HI (US) and Quebec, Nunavut, NW Territories, Yukon (Canada)
- Develop solid business relationships with veterinary practice customers and local veterinary associations; this is predominantly accomplished through on-site visits
- Deliver live or virtual sales presentations at local veterinary associations, practice meetings, training sessions, seminars, lunch/dinner meetings, etc. Tailor sales presentations to individual veterinary customers to enhance their understanding of pet insurance, specifically the Pets Plus Us Insurance brand
- Grow territory by increasing pet insurance sales and other IPG products and services
- Manage territory in a way that is efficient and cost effective
- Identify advantageous opportunities to develop new business and effectively communicate those opportunities to management team
- Provide “best in class” customer service. Respond to veterinary customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Provide timely feedback on marketing, marketing materials and competitive information
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions and company meetings as required
- Self-manage priorities and self-source resources
- Readily adapt to change and integrate new knowledge, policies, procedures, and regulations in our fast-paced and constantly improving environment
- Share expertise and their own best practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in veterinary technology, animal health or related fields
- Experience in veterinary hospital/clinic operations
- B2B account management and/or sales experience is preferred
Required Qualifications (Certifications, Licenses, Software Programs, KSA’s):
- Obtain and maintain OTL Insurance License
- Ability to travel within assigned territory. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Valid drivers license
- Frequent communications, verbal and written.
- Must be able to read, count and do simple mathematics.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone with headset, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
All of our jobs come with great benefits including healthcare, parental leave and opportunities for career advancements. Some offerings are dependent upon the location of where you work and can include the following:
- Comprehensive full medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- 12 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Ten holidays and company-wide Wellness Day off
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Pet friendly office environment
- Commuter Benefits
- Group Pet Insurance
- On the job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days.
Independence Pet Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Job Family Services - B2B
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Toronto, ON, Canada