Accounts Payable Coordinator
Independence Pet Group® (IPG) is one of North America’s largest pet insurance and services organizations. Our impressive family of brands (PetPartners, Figo, Pethealth, IAIC) supports insurance for more than 600,000 pets in the U.S. and Canada and provides well-being, safety, resources, and business solutions to the pet industry, including microchip identification and an online pet registry.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will play a key role on a dynamic and committed team, where each individual’s contribution has a direct impact on the success of the Pethealth Group of Companies (“the Company”). Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, and based in our corporate headquarters in Oakville, ON, the Accounts Payable Coordinator will have the opportunity to provide a broad range of accounting support and analyses in a fast-paced organization and accounts payable administration and accounting for 500+ vendors across three countries. This role is hybrid and would require you in office 1x week.
Job Location: Remote work is not available in AK, MT, HI (US) and Quebec, Nunavut, NW Territories, Yukon (Canada)
- Use company provided system/tools to fully document, track, record, follow up and capture all related sales and payable activity in a timely and accurate manner
- Use of the system should contribute directly to providing the business with information for analysis
- Responsible for day to day automated and manual journal entries related to AP processes
- Responsible for review and monitoring of AP Aging and payment processes
- Responsible for the analysis of payments and estimates related to monthly accruals.
- Prepare schedules for review and communication to the Accounting manager regarding the process status and progress
- Responsible for communication with other departments regarding queries on AP items, collection process etc.
- Administrator for programs such as Corporate Amex program, concur for expense reporting including review of issues, reporting lines, inquiries and card maintenance.
- Prepare various month end reports in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in reports prepared
- Analyze current transactional accounting practices and processes. Make recommendations and implement efficiencies within the team and the business
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility and for other businesses within the Company
- Prepare financial components for various business operations review
- Assist with external and regulatory reviews, audits and examinations when needed and complete requested materials
- Provide assistance to the planning & analysis function, when needed
- Responsible for various vendor relations including; aging, payments, communications and accuracy of payments.
- Administration of Iron Mountain, recalling boxes and preparing and send new records
- Various ad hoc financial and operational analyses and contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a college diploma or university degree program with a focus on accounting.
- 3-5 years of related experience, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Pursuing accounting designation (CPA) considered an asset.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Proficiency in Windows-based accounting systems and MS Word
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and financial reporting considered an asset. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Hyperion preferred;
- Ability to multitask, work independently and as part of a team in a highly deadline driven environment;
- Strong pro-active characteristics
- Must be flexible in work schedule to meet the demands of quarter-end and year-end reporting cycles
- Frequent communications, verbal and written.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must be able to read, count and do simple mathematics.
- Be able to lift up to 10lbs. occasionally.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone with headset, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
All of our jobs come with great benefits including healthcare, parental leave and opportunities for career advancements. Some offerings are dependent upon the location of where you work and can include the following:
- Comprehensive full medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- 12 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Ten holidays and company-wide Wellness Day off
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Pet friendly office environment
- Commuter Benefits
- Group Pet Insurance
- On the job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days.
Independence Pet Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Job Family Services - Finance and Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Toronto, ON, Canada