Sr. Manager, Contact Center Operations
Independence Pet Group® (IPG) is one of North America’s largest pet insurance and services organizations. Our impressive family of brands (PetPartners, Figo, Pethealth, IAIC) supports insurance for more than 600,000 pets in the U.S. and Canada and provides well-being, safety, resources, and business solutions to the pet industry, including microchip identification and an online pet registry.
The Senior Manager, Contact Center Operations is remote position that is responsible for developing and overseeing the day-to-day operations in the Contact Center. This will be achieved through practicing effective leadership, coaching, and operational efficiency, while ensuring an exceptional service experience for all policy holders in our highly compliance-driven environment. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Contact Center Operations and works closely with all business and functional teams across the organization. The Senior Manager, Contact Center Operations will be accountable for creating and driving exceptional customer service, sales and retention. Additionally, they will lead, coach, collaborate with others, head up ongoing recruiting and retention efforts, employee engagement, and health & safety of the team.
This is an all-encompassing and comprehensive role requiring someone who enjoys planning and executing, excels at attention to detail, and is dedicated to the personal and professional development of the team. This position will inspire trust, motivate others, and foster a welcoming and inclusive environment.
This experienced professional is part of an organization in which people truly do come first and will lead by example, applying our Core Values of Empathy, Collaboration, Belonging, Simplicity, Independence, Growth, Adventure in all of their actions
Job Location: Remote work is not available in AK, MT, HI
- Overseeing and supporting the Contact Center Supervisors with queue and agent management through real-time monitoring of call center metrics and agent activity.
- Executing and delivering on company goals.
- Setting up and ensuring that Contact Center Supervisors have regular and formalized individual and agent coaching plans, following through and hold their team members accountable.
- Providing support and training to new and existing staff with respect to quality assurance, monthly KPI’s, new products/services, systems, soft skills and other change management.
- Working closely with HR/Talent Acquisition to effectively manage staffing and individual agent performance, including hiring, performance management, incentive programs and agent retention.
- Meeting and exceeding all service levels and metrics including quality, sales, up-selling, customer retention, and schedule adherence. Work with Training and QA to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Working closely with Workforce Management to ensure effective scheduling across all hours of business, high levels of occupancy and schedule adherence.
- Creating and assisting with executing change management initiatives that ensure high levels of team communication and engagement throughout the process.
- Providing ongoing feedback to AVP focused on continuous improvement of all Contact Center programs and processes.
- Working closely with and ensuring ongoing communication with other departments to ensure consistency in messaging, call handling and business processes.
- Ongoing business analysis to identify areas for continuous improvement in processes, policies and communication and providing appropriate recommendations.
- Being highly accessible to team members and peers for internal questions, support, and client escalations
- Executing and communicating all directives assigned by the AVP.
- Monitoring and shifting resources to maintain and drive service level agreements.
- Establishing efficient and balanced workflows to produce high levels of service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring and measuring service metrics, and as needed developing standards, improvements, or changes to the process.
- Providing point of escalation for team leaders, as needed.
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing team members.
- Readily addressing concerns to mitigate risk. Proactively listening and inquiring to keep your finger on the pulse
- Supporting professional development
- Creating opportunities to include all team members and have robust/regular touchpoints for a majority remote workforce aimed at increasing employee engagement and retention
- Being a resource to supervisors on practices, policies and procedures, proactive management, ensuring compliance and preventing risk to the business
- Working closely with Talent Acquisition, training, IT and compliance in onboarding, with a focus on candidate experience and exceptional talent retention. Lead interview panels
- Focusing on continuous improvement for processes, policy creation, revision, communication, and monitoring/adherence
- Traveling as needed to partner with management teams, support employees, events, and functions, and collaborate with business teams. Collaborating across the company to pursue consistency across Contact Center teams when possible as we integrate
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 8 years of relevant progressive leadership and direct Management experience leading a high-volume call centre
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent years of relevant work experience
- OTL licensed or P&C license
- Experience with reporting and managing a CSAT process
- Available to work shifts within all call centre hours of operation
- Strong knowledge of products and services, including policies and procedures is an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or similar relevant work experience
- Strong organizational skills. Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with a high attention to detail
- Takes ownership - consistently deliver completion of tasks on time, responsive takes initiative and accountability
- Ability to influence at different levels, motivate individuals and groups by creating a positive work environment
- Demonstrated technical ability to manage large teams remotely and successfully navigate different personnel issues
- Model appropriate behaviors - maintain composure and approachability when dealing with the fast pace, constant interruptions, and stressful conditions.
- Acts with diplomacy, tact, and professionalism always
- Analytical/Problem Solving - sound judgement, approachable
- Proven conflict resolution skills - able to deliver tough messages in a clear and productive manner
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- High degree of proficiency leveraging tools and technology to create, improve upon current practices and communicate various programs, policies, opportunities etc.
- Advanced computer proficiency
- Traveling Requirement: up to 10%
- Holds a valid passport is a plus (in the event of travel between US/Canadian locations)
All of our jobs come with great benefits including healthcare, parental leave and opportunities for career advancements. Some offerings are dependent upon the location of where you work and can include the following:
- Comprehensive full medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- 12 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) savings plan
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Ten holidays and company-wide Wellness Day off
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Pet friendly office environment
- Commuter Benefits
- Group Pet Insurance
- On the job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days.
Independence Pet Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Job Family Insurance - Customer Service
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Ohio, USA