Senior Manager, Software Sales & Support
Independence Pet Group® (IPG) is one of North America’s largest pet insurance and services organizations. Our impressive family of brands supports insurance for more than 600,000 pets in the U.S. and Canada and provides well-being, safety, resources, and business solutions to the pet industry, including microchip identification and an online pet registry.
The objective is to support the software sales & support teams in the growth and retention of software clients by providing exceptional client service and sales through a culture of high performance, accountability, and engagement. The Director, Software Sales & Support will lead a team of sales and support professionals with the goal of exceeding corporate objectives and department key performance indicators. As a member of the Software Leadership Team, work towards the development of products and services that serve our clients effectively while generating a strong financial return.
Job Location: Remote work is not available in AK, MT, HI (US) and Quebec, Nunavut, NW Territories, Yukon (Canada)
- Achieve sales (revenue), lead generation, and service goals as assigned.
- Develop area strategies that align with the software business unit and overreaching company strategies.
- Communicate strategy both within the team and outside to provide clarity and understanding within the company.
- Overall direction for staff and programs that are part of the Software Solutions team.
- Serve the team by providing tools and coaching to the managers on the team on a path to development, growth and success.
- Provide the tools, knowledge and direction for the team to be a valuable source to clients.
- Provide team resources required to enable clients maximize the use of the software through the services offered by the team.
- A point of escalation for client issues and relationship development.
- Partners with Software Leadership team to provide the best possible processes, teams and collaboration in place so that together, they can provide the client with the best possible offerings.
- Collaborate with team managers to develop and maintain metrics and KPIs that highlight the team’s health, progress and success.
- Collaborate with the Software Leadership team to provide the best possible software products and services to our clients.
- Serve as a source of clarity and understanding for IPG.
- Promote Software Solution’s purpose and benefit to the company internally.
- Collaborate with IPG Business Units to further the overall success of the company.
- Promote and progress IPG’s mission, vision and values on all levels of the company.
- Participate in IPG’s leadership initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 8+ years of progressive leadership in business-to-business sales, technical support and/or pet care industry.
- Experience managing both internal and client-facing projects.
- Understanding of technical support and training methods.
- Understand of business-to-business sales methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills in a demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution abilities with the ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex challenges and opportunities concurrently.
- Experience writing, evaluating and maintaining SOPs.
- Proficiency with the following: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Team Foundation Server.
- Drive, passion, and initiative, with ability to adapt quickly to rapidly-evolving products, technology, and situations are required.
- Strong analytical, problem resolution, technical, application / system troubleshooting skills with the ability to think clearly and resolve issues efficiently under pressure.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, observational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with high attention to detail in a demanding, deadline-driven environment. Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with other teams as – needed.
All of our jobs come with great benefits including healthcare, parental leave and opportunities for career advancements. Some offerings are dependent upon the location of where you work and can include the following:
- Comprehensive full medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- 12 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Retirement Plans
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Ten holidays and company-wide Wellness Day off
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Pet friendly office environment
- Commuter Benefits
- Group Pet Insurance
- On the job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Job Family Services - Software Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Phoenix, AZ, USA