Business Development Specialist - Remote
At Phantom, making life better is our mission: for our customers and our employees. We’re driven by our vision and values – it’s what sets us apart as a corporation – and what makes Phantom Screens a special place to work. Since our beginning, in 1992, Phantom has excelled, expanded, and stayed laser-focused on our passion: making and installing the highest-quality retractable screens on the market. Now we’re THE top-selling retractable screen, and our products are international.
We’re currently looking for a Business Development Specialist who values the same things we do; honest communication, excellent workmanship, providing top tier service, and taking ownership in their work. This position will report to the VP Business Development while working alongside the Business Development team to support Distributors in facilitating top-tier and consistent customer service and maintaining positive partnerships.
Why people love Phantom:
- Workplace culture that values meaningful work and developing and distributing a product we’re proud to share.
- Tuition reimbursement, ongoing learning opportunities and support for career advancement.
- Competitive compensation and group medical and dental benefits/insurance,
- Employee Care program and on-site life coach.
- Hybrid-remote work schedule, and managers who value work-life balance.
- Regular team building and social events – everything from pizza, food trucks, barbecue lunches to our annual holiday party.
- Support for local and international charities, including World Vision and Cyrus House.
- As well as… onsite parking, business casual dress code, employee discount, profit sharing, and more!
What we value:
At Phantom Screens we value all of our employees. We are committed to providing a safe, harmonious, and respectful work environment and we achieve that living our core values:
- To Speak the Truth
- To Pursue Excellence
- To Serve Each Other
- To Practice Stewardship
- Building a positive rapport with your assigned territory of Phantom Screens Distributors
- Training the distributors for continual improvement in capability, knowledge, customer service, performance, and competitive selling.
- Equipping distributors with the necessary sales skills, marketing programs and product knowledge to represent Phantom Screens, this may be achieved by involving other Phantom Screens divisions to assist with instruction.
- Setting and implementing territory sales goals with distributors, ensuring revenue targets are achieved.
- Implement new sales strategies and techniques with the distributors to ensure the support of all Phantom Screens product lines.
- Assist distributors with Dealer recruitment and training as required.
- Communicate and apply pricing and discount policies.
- Provide support for Sales/Warranty claims for distributors
- Prepare and execute annual reviews of distributors.
- Monitor lead pipelines ensuring timely follow-up by the specified Distributor
- Prioritize markets and determine market entry strategies for new regions and for new and existing product portfolios.
- Collect and analyze market data to drive growth and develop markets.
- Acquire an understanding of current and future market trends that may impact Phantom Screens sales.
- Creating monthly and quarterly reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing distributor feedback to Phantom Screens leadership to support continuous improvement
- Attend trade exhibitions and product education/training programs
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development, Sales, and Marketing or related field.
- Education or training in business administration or business management would be an asset.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of CRM programs or similar sales related software.
- Experience with Channel/Partner management.
- Proven success in consultative sales and territory management, with a focus on business development.
- Passion for understanding current market trends and researching
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Organized, methodical; able to remain calm and focused.
- Ability to provide regular written and verbal presentations
- Equally comfortable working as an independent contributor or in a team environment.
- A keen understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Above average level of attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks.
- Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Hybrid Remote – minimum one visit to the office per month
Phantom Screens is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to welcoming all individuals; from diverse backgrounds with diverse perspectives. However, we will only be reaching out to those candidates who are moving forward in the recruitment process.
If you have previously applied and haven’t heard back from us, we encourage you to gain additional skills and continue to apply.
If you require additional assistance with your application, please contact email@example.com
**Please note, this position has a remote-hybrid schedule, and we welcome candidates from across Canada to apply. We will not accept candidates without a Canadian PR or valid work permit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Thursday, June 1, 2023
- 30451 Simpson Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6C7, Canada