Business Development Specialist - hybrid remote
This is not your average Business Development position. We’re currently seeking candidates with a little extra something – we need a Business Improvement Specialist. If you have experience building a business and have ever thought you could coach others to success - this could be the role for you.
This position supports our B2B2C business model, working directly with our distributor network to help them drive sales, market their strengths, recruit dealers, strategize, and analyze market data to improve overall performance. We’re looking for a candidate with a business mindset and coaching capabilities to fill this role. If you have experience in the home improvement industry, that’s a bonus!
Day in the life:
Grabbing coffee, and walking down the hall to your work-from-home office, coming into the office about once a month for team events, strategy meetings, and townhalls.
- Building a positive rapport with your assigned territory of Phantom Screens Distributors
- Training distributors for continual improvement in capability, knowledge, customer service, performance, and competitive selling.
- Equipping distributors with the necessary sales skills, marketing programs and product knowledge to represent Phantom Screens, this may be achieved by involving other Phantom Screens divisions to assist with instruction.
- Setting and implementing territory sales goals with distributors, ensuring revenue targets are achieved.
- Implementing new sales strategies and techniques with the distributors to ensure the support of all Phantom Screens product lines.
- Collect and analyze market data to drive growth and develop markets; Prioritizing markets and market entry strategies for new regions and for new and existing product portfolios.
- Providing distributor feedback to Phantom Screens leadership to support continuous improvement
- Attending trade exhibitions and product education/training programs
At Phantom, making life better is our mission: for our customers and our employees. We’re driven by our vision and values – it’s what sets us apart as a corporation – and what makes Phantom Screens a special place to work. Since our beginning, in 1992, Phantom has excelled, expanded, and stayed laser-focused on our passion: making and installing the highest-quality retractable screens on the market. Now we’re THE top-selling retractable screen, and our products are international.
Why people love Phantom:
- Workplace culture that values meaningful work and developing and distributing a product we’re proud to share.
- Tuition reimbursement, ongoing learning opportunities and support for career advancement.
- Competitive compensation and group medical and dental benefits/insurance,
- Employee Care program and on-site life coach.
- Hybrid-remote work schedule, and managers who value work-life balance.
- Regular team building and social events – everything from pizza, food trucks, barbecue lunches to our annual holiday party.
- Support for local and international charities, including World Vision and Cyrus House.
- As well as… onsite parking, business casual dress code, employee discount, profit sharing, and more!
What we value:
At Phantom Screens we value all of our employees. We are committed to providing a safe, harmonious, and respectful work environment and we achieve that living our core values:
- To Speak the Truth
- To Pursue Excellence
- To Serve Each Other
- To Practice Stewardship
What you’ll bring to Phantom:
- 5 years (or more) of experience in Business Development, Sales, and Marketing or related field.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of CRM programs or similar sales related software.
- Experience with Channel/Partner management.
- Passion for understanding and research current market trends
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Hybrid Remote – minimum one visit to the office per month
- 4 to 5 trips across north America per year
Phantom Screens is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to welcoming all individuals; from diverse backgrounds with diverse perspectives. However, we will only be reaching out to those candidates who are moving forward in the recruitment process.
If you have previously applied and haven’t heard back from us, we encourage you to gain additional skills and continue to apply.
If you require additional assistance with your application, please contact email@example.com
**Please note, this position has a mostly remote (90%) schedule, and we welcome candidates from across Canada to apply. We will not accept candidates without a Canadian PR or valid work permit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Friday, September 1, 2023
- 30451 Simpson Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6C7, Canada