Product Support Representative
At Phantom, making life better is our mission: for our customers and our employees. We’re driven by our vision and values – it’s what sets us apart as a corporation – and what makes Phantom Screens a special place to work. Since our beginning, in 1992, Phantom has excelled, expanded, and stayed laser-focused on our passion: making and installing the highest-quality retractable screens on the market. Now we’re THE top-selling retractable screen, and our products are international.
We’re currently looking for a Product Support Representative who values the same things we do; honest communication, excellent workmanship, providing top tier service, and taking ownership in their work. This position will report to the Product Support Supervisor, and work on the Product Support team in providing field-training, troubleshooting and technical insights to distributors, while maintaining collaborative and honest relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Why people love Phantom:
- Workplace culture that values meaningful work and developing and distributing a product we’re proud to share.
- Tuition reimbursement, ongoing learning opportunities and support for career advancement.
- Competitive compensation and group medical and dental benefits/insurance,
- Employee Care program and on-site life coach.
- Managers who value work-life balance.
- Regular team building and social events – everything from pizza, food trucks, barbecue lunches to our annual holiday party.
- Support for local and international charities, including World Vision and Cyrus House.
- As well as… onsite parking, business casual dress code, employee discount, and more!
What we value:
At Phantom Screens we value all of our employees. We are committed to providing a safe, harmonious, and respectful work environment and we achieve that living our core values:
- To Speak the Truth
- To Pursue Excellence
- To Serve Each Other
- To Practice Stewardship
What you'll be doing:
- Providing technical answers and troubleshooting expertise to resolve product problems in a timely, effective, and customer service focused manner.
- Collaborating with other departments (Sales, Marketing, Production) to provide information and assistance as needed to resolve technical challenges, and/or help to capture sales opportunities. This includes direct work with architects, builders and contractors.
- Assisting in developing drawing details and documents related to assembly, installation, product development, and customer service, for internal and external use.
- Supporting the development, implementation, and maintenance of all installation instructional materials, videos, training equipment, and procedures.
- Delivering live product technical training sessions, both internally and to our network, in- field or in-house, as required.
- Gathering market intelligence on installation techniques used by the existing distribution network and competitors to identify and communicate product improvement opportunities.
- Completing field installations and on-site inspections of products.
- Assisting product development to perform routine product testing (in-house and in field) by collecting feedback from external testing.
- Processing Warranty and Sales claims; determining validity, assessing root cause of failure and assigning area of responsibility within set timeframes.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of the product and participating in job-related training programs or associated personal development initiatives as required.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in Outdoor/Home Improvement industry
- High School Diploma (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- Post secondary education in mechanical design, building sciences, or related discipline is desirable.
- Building, home improvement or related experience preferred.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude; ability to read and understand diagrams, plans and technical specifications.
- Open to learning and professional development
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills.
**Travel Availability: applicants must be able and available for possible travel into the USA for tradeshows, distributor meetings, etc.
Phantom Screens is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to welcoming all individuals, from diverse backgrounds with diverse perspectives. However, we will only be reaching out to those candidates who are the best fit and moving forward in the recruitment process.
If you have previously applied and haven’t heard back from us, we encourage you to gain additional skills and continue to apply. If you require additional assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- 30451 Simpson Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6C7, Canada