Care for Newcomer Children - Teacher Assistant
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Position: Teacher’s Assistant for Summer School Age Program
July 2023- August 2023
Reports to: Care for Newcomer Children Manager
About Newcomers Centre of Peel:
Newcomer Centre of Peel (NCP) is a nonprofit, charitable, multi-service agency that assists the entire newcomer family in achieving settlement. With experience and expertise in English language training; employability and business start-up and comprehensive settlement services including programs for women, children, youth, and seniors; NCP offers a dedication to service quality. Through innovation and a progressive attitude, we leverage the broad experience of our staff and community partners to overcome settlement barriers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position is to assist the Early Childhood Educator (ECEs) to:
- Ensure the safety of children (both indoors and outdoors) in the care of the Centre.
- Be aware and respond to differing developmental stages of children in each group
- Plan and facilitate stimulating, enjoyable, meaningful experiences based on knowledge of children’s development and age appropriateness (six to 12 years of age)
- Models appropriate behaviors to staff in line with our Mission, Vision and Values; establishes rapport and maintains effective relationship building behaviors with staff and members
- Create an environment that encourages the children’s growth and development
- Maintain toys and equipment in good repair for the children’s safety
- Monitor carefully adults and children coming and going from the childcare
- Demonstrates a commitment to children's learning
- Be responsive to diverse cultural heritages, values and individual experiences
- Other duties as assigned
- Be dedicated to the above full contract period.
- Experience working with children in various settings (i.e. schools, cultural settings)
- Creative and able to plan and implement age appropriate activities
- Sensitive to cultural, linguistic and religious diversity
- Effective communication skills in English
- TB test and up to date immunization records
- Vulnerable Sector Police check is mandatory
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes not include personal data such as age, health, marital and family status, place or origin and gender.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Job End Date Saturday, August 26, 2023
- Newcomer Centre of Peel, 165 Dundas Street West, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada