- Maintain an effective working relationship with the Client’s staff, the contractor and other agencies;
- Communicate relevant inspection and project information to the Client’s Project Engineer/Manager, operations personnel, and other key project personnel;
- Report any site issues and potential delays or risks;
- Abide by RAM’s Safety Program and reporting unsafe activities to responsible supervisor;
- Attend preconstruction meetings and other project meetings as necessary;
- Monitor construction works to ensure compliance with the contract documents, which may extend to any or all part of the work;
- Inform the Project Engineer/Manager of any non-conformance to project specifications;
- Perform inspections of welding, NDE and PWHT; coating and insulation; electrical, instrumentation and heat trace; pressure testing; materials; pressure equipment, pressure piping, structural steel and/or tank fabrication as required by the client's scope of work;
- Maintain documentation and photographic record of inspected works throughout all stages of construction, including completion of Daily Inspection Reports;
- Develop inspection schedules and witness/review/accept inspection and test plan hold points and other QMS related records/certifications/documentation as required;
- Ensure all necessary equipment for inspection operations are calibrated and maintained; and
- Review and acceptance of final turn over documents for client (when required).
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Two or more of the following certifications: NACE Level 2 or 3;CWB Level 2 or 3; API 510 or NBIC; API 570; API 653;
- Journeyperson Trade certification in welding, mechanical or electrical fields;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite;
- Working knowledge of jurisdictional acts and regulations, construction codes and standards and safety requirements;
- Familiarity with industry used software such as Bluebeam and other inspections software considered an asset;
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills with project stakeholders, the public, clients, regulatory agencies and consultants/contractors;
- Minimum7years experience in shop fabrication and field construction for at least one of the following sectors: energy, utilities or transportation;
- Class 5 Driver’s License and Vehicle; and
- Willing to travel throughout Western Canada.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family RAM
- Pay Type Hourly
- Calgary, AB, Canada