- Create detailed electrical design for municipal street lights and distribution systems, including scope clarification, estimates, calculations and detailed design drawings;
- Follow applicable utility, national or international standards and codes;
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety by design principals in the project work;
- Support the documentation process for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations;
- Respond to information requests from site and completing project documentation including ‘as-builts’, calculations and return of data to the client;
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting, transmittal preparation, project tracking updates, submitting drawings to client/contractor;
- Work with contractors and line crews and respond to technical inquiries;
- Produce project estimates, detailed quotation letters, construction scope descriptions and material take-offs; and
- Preparation and submission of project approvals and design packages.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering with 3- 5 years of experience in electrical design for distribution and high voltage systems;
- Registered as a P.Eng with APEGA;
- Good understanding of utility and industrial power distribution systems, power systems analysis and substation design;
- Ability and experience acting as an Engineer of Record;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Working knowledge of industry used software such as CAD Design Software packages (MicroStation and/ or AutoCAD), Citrix, DAD, Passport, Primavera, Sharepoint, PLS-CADD will be an asset; and
- Design of street lighting infrastructure and lighting analysis using AGI32 simulation software is considered an asset.
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family RAM
- Pay Type Hourly
- Calgary, AB, Canada