- Financial Management: Monitor and manage project budgets, costs, and expenditures throughout the project lifecycle. Conduct regular financial analysis and provide timely reports to project managers and stakeholders.
- Project Accounting: Establish and maintain project accounting systems and procedures to accurately track project costs, revenue, and profitability. Ensure adherence to accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:Collaborate with project managers and other stakeholders to develop project budgets and financial forecasts. Monitor budget performance and provide recommendations for cost-saving opportunities.
- Cost Control: Implement effective cost control measures, including analyzing project expenditures, identifying cost variances, and recommending corrective actions. Proactively identify areas of potential cost overruns and propose solutions to mitigate risks.
- Contract Management: Review and analyze project contracts, purchase orders, and change orders to ensure accuracy and compliance. Collaborate with the legal team to resolve any contractual issues and provide financial insights on contract negotiations.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, including project profitability analysis, cash flow statements, and project-specific financial statements. Present financial information to project stakeholders and management, highlighting key metrics and insights.
- Audit and Compliance: Assist in internal and external audits related to project finances. Ensure compliance with accounting standards, tax regulations, and company policies. Maintain accurate financial records and documentation for audit purposes.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project managers, engineers, procurement, and senior management, to ensure effective coordination and communication of financial information. Provide financial guidance and support to project teams as needed.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field. Professional certifications such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) are desirable.
- Proven experience as a Project Accountant or similar role in the construction/engineering industry.
- In-depth knowledge of project accounting principles, cost control, and financial analysis.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and MS Excel for financial analysis and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and construction/engineering industry practices is a plus.
- Experience using Acumatica would be a great asset.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family RAM
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada