The Project Engineer is responsible to manage all aspects of Engineering relating to assigned capital projects. The primary focus for this position is to work effectively with internal stakeholders and external resources to provide engineered scopes, estimates and construction packages for capital projects. The successful candidate will also assist the Engineering department in developing standards and providing operational support as required.
- Contribute to the development of detailed project scopes and estimates for capital project work, ensuring engineering standards and guidelines are applied consistently.
- Manage scope changes related to the engineering design.
- Utilize resource tools to develop detailed engineering schedules incorporating milestones such as preliminary and detailed designs, procurement, commissioning, internal reviews.\
- Ensure internal department sign off on key project milestones as required
- Manage external engineering resources.
- Develop and implement engineering services contracts, ensuring the services provided are reviewed and accepted.
- As single point of contact on assigned projects, act as liason between Project Management and external resources to ensure open lines of communication.
- Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Professional Engineer registered with EGBC.
- 4-7 years’ experience as an Engineer with preference for candidates with utility and/or hydroelectric experience.
- Previous experience managing staff would be considered an asset.
- Ability to balance and prioritize the interests of numerous stakeholders and multiple issues.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in a climate of change and build lasting relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family RAM
- Pay Type Salary
- Castlegar, BC, Canada