Lead, Inspection Services
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and support to the inspection team, including hiring, objectives, performance reviews, and development plans/training.
- Provides technical support on assigned projects and/or areas to ensure that the product/service provided by the contractors and suppliers are in accordance with client’s and RAM’s quality requirements.
- Contribute to development, implementation, and improvement of relevant inspection documentations (procedures, work instructions, forms, and templates) when necessary.
- Participates in the development, compliance, maintenance, and improvement of the company’s Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) Management System and provides recommendations when necessary.
- Ensures RAM’s Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) Management System is implemented on the inspection projects, and clients’, RAM’s, and other stakeholders’ applicable requirements/regulations (e.g., safety) are met.
- Ensures a high-performance and client service-oriented work environment and team which supports achieving the RAM mission, strategic plan, objectives, and core values.
- Assists the Manager, Quality and Inspection Services regarding Inspection Services Invoices; Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely submittal of invoices for all inspection contracts.
- Assist to develop and report on the Inspection team’s fiscal objectives, including growth of revenue and client satisfaction.
- Support corporate Business Development opportunities and initiatives (e.g., proposals) to grow and maintain RAM’s client base and revenue targets.
- Act as the main contact for inspection contracts both internally and externally.
- Host and lead meetings with client contacts as well as prepare presentations and other supporting content.
- Manages inspection digital solutions and ensure cost-effective implementation on inspection projects.
- Managing project inspection program including planning, performing, and reporting inspections.
- Reviews Inspection criteria (e.g., contract, Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), drawings, specifications, codes/standards) per client’s and other applicable requirements.
- Schedules and plans inspections per client’s requirements and assigns qualified inspectors.
- Developing Inspection Checklists for different types of inspections, if required.
- Ensures inspection assignments are conducted on time.
- Conducts and reports site or shop inspections and identifying deficiencies in materials and workmanship.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with the Client’s staff, the contractor, and other agencies.
- Informs the Project Engineer/Manager of any non-conformities to the contract documents and creates a Non-Conformance Report (NCR) for tracking.
- Maintain documentation and photographic record of inspected works, including completion of Daily Inspection Reports.
- Communicates relevant inspection and project information to the Client’s Project Engineer/ Manager, operations personnel, and other key project personnel.
- May be required to track cost and schedule data, verify Contractor’s labor, equipment and materials use, and participate in review of Contractor’s change requests or claims.
- Attend preconstruction meetings and other project meetings as necessary and produce meeting minutes where required.
- Monitor construction works to ensure compliance with the contract documents, which may extend to any or all part of the work.
- May take as-constructed field measurements and red-line construction prints for record drawings.
- May be required to monitor adherence to permit requirements and safety regulations for approved, permitted crossings by inspecting work within a right of way, and any third-party work around the Client’s assets including: o documenting excavation and inspection activities and working conditions.
- explain/enforce code compliance and company standards for all permitted work within rights of way and any non-permitted work in proximity to any assets.
- Provides supervision of contracted testing and inspection firms for survey and soils and engineered fills, asphalt, concrete, reinforcing steel, welding, painting/coating, miscellaneous fabrication, steel pipe supply, and other materials.
- Abide by RAM’s and Prime Contractor’s safety program and WorkSafe BC Regulations and report unsafe activities.
- Responding to information requests from site and completing project documentation including ‘as-builts’, calculations and return of data to the client.
- Does not direct or interfere with the contractor’s work; consults the Project Engineer/Manager to discuss any issues and concerns.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized Post-Secondary Institute and Registration; or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related field.
- Registration or eligibility to be registered as an Applied Science Technologists (AScTs) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC), or as an Engineer in Training (EIT) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC) will be an asset.
- 2+ years of Municipal Civil Infrastructure projects including road and utility,upgrades/replacements, pipeline installations, and erosion and sediment control is preferred.
- Experience with projects involving Quality Management, Field Inspection/Engineering, and writing reports.
- Experience working with contractors to address construction deficiencies, coordinating site related civil construction issues, and have knowledge of construction management and coordination practices.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings with respect to site conditions specifically civil and structural engineering drawings.
- Understanding of relevant design codes, standards, and guidelines such as Master Municipal Construction Documents (MMCD), municipal requirements, NBCC and CSA standards, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI) Utilities manual, Canada Energy Regulator (CER) requirements, and civil construction practices for utilities in BC is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license required. This position requires use of personal vehicle in good working order to be used occasionally for business use, for which there is reimbursement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and/or Civil 3D.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family RAM
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada