Director, Project Delivery
- Responsible for development of strategic objectives and growth strategies for Project Delivery team across Alberta including Engineering, Project Management (PM) and Construction Management (CM);
- Lead discipline pursuit plans and strategies;
- Lead sector specific initiatives;
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and lead initiatives to ensure department efficiency;
- Ensure operational alignment between Project Management, Construction Management and Engineering Departments; and
- Provide technical and strategic support to Project Management, Construction Management and Engineering Departments.
- Actively pursue new clients for Project Delivery in Alberta including tracking and evaluating all opportunities;
- Identify and secure partnership opportunities;
- Lead and participate in RFP processes for Project Delivery opportunities; and
- Collaborate with other divisions to actively promote RAM and its other services.
- Responsible to sponsor and oversee projects within the department;
- Accountable for annual department budget objectives including gross margin and utilization;
- Oversee development of division policies, procedures, and templates; and
- Monitor the fiscal performance and profitability of the PM, CM and Engineering Departments.
- Set key performance indicators for direct reports;
- Conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports and ensure performance reviews are completed for all Project Delivery staff;
- Responsible for the management, growth and mentoring of direct reports;
- Lead and actively participate in Project Delivery resource planning;
- Provide mentorship to division staff; and
- Assist with identifying and recruiting key staff.
Ideal Candidate Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate engineering or technical discipline. Alternatively, a Commercial or Legal Degree with strong experience in the engineering/construction industry;
- 20+ years working on Energy, Utility, Transportation, Marine, and Infrastructure projects;
- Experience managing 10+ direct reports in a multi-disciplined engineering function;
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills with project stakeholders, the public, clients, regulatory agencies and consultants/contractors;
- Experience with business development activities including the RFP process and Proposal preparation/submission;
- Project Management/Coordination for engineering assignments;
- Registered as a P.Eng. with APEGA and other Western Canadian Provinces preferable;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation with the Project Management Institute (PMI) considered an asset.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For five consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada