Engineer in Training - Niagara
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
RVA’s Niagara office is looking for a recent Civil Engineering Graduate to join our team.
Our ideal candidate possesses strong communication skills, is a self-starter with a high sense of responsibility and is motivated to have a successful career within a dynamic group environment. A keen interest in mitigating the impact of development on the environment through the use of innovative “Green” technologies and low impact development (LID) measures would lend itself well to the role.
Your role will involve all facets of land development engineering including preliminary servicing studies, detailed design of site servicing, site grading, drainage, stormwater management and modelling, utility engineering, construction related services, contract administration.
- Developing preliminary designs and prepare functional servicing report
- Detailed engineering designs for storm and sanitary sewers, watermains and roads.
- Grading designs and modelling of earthworks volumes.
- Stormwater management reports.
- Construction cost estimates, specifications and tender documents.
- Liaising with other design disciplines on the project team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a B.Eng. from a recognized university level Civil Engineering program.
- 0-4 years’ experience. Professional Engineering year and /or co-op placements will be given consideration.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Working with AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D is required.
- Ability to work independently and in an interactive team atmosphere.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with staff, project team members and clients.
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
- 43 Church St Suite 104, St. Catharines, ON L2R 7E1, Canada