Material Handler- 3rd Shift-Forklift / No Mandatory Overtime! _US
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
To be the world’s leading manufacturer of complex food ingredients, specializing in the industrial supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers.
This position contributes to the company’s success by serving as the plant’s CMMS administrator while at the same time serving as an administrative support person for the department.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Uses sit-down fork truck, stand-up reach truck, or hand truck to transport raw materials from incoming trucks and finished goods to outgoing trucks or racks.
· Stages raw materials for use using RF gun to record selection.
· Bring raw materials to selected production area and stage for use.
· Uses daily run sheets to select raw materials from warehouse using RF gun to record placement.
· Uses automated shrink-wrap machine to wrap pallets and secure cases onto pallet.
· Replenishes production line inventory with packaging supplies (boxes, glue pellets, etc.) as needed.
· Assists other warehouse personnel to keep docks and warehouse organized, safe and clean.
· Communicates with warehouse personnel and production members regarding daily schedule and other issues that may need attention.
· Consumes raw materials to production schedules using an ERP system. Also works with Inventory Control Coordinator and Warehouse Manager to resolve any inventory issues.
· Accurately returns materials to stock after production runs.
· Promotes GMP’s throughout the warehouse and WIP areas.
· Performs cycle counts and audits to ensure inventory accuracy.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· 2-3 years of experience in a warehouse facility required; food manufacturing facility preferred.
· Can read, write and speak English.
· Proficient at basic addition and subtraction. Understands temperature and weight measures.
· Current Forklift Certification preferred.
· Ability to operate, or willingness to learn to operate, a stand-up reach truck.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.09
- Job Start Date Monday, May 8, 2023
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, 401 S Enterprise Blvd, Lebanon, Indiana, United States of America
- Skjodt-Barrett, 401 S Enterprise Blvd, Lebanon, Indiana, United States of America