Graphic Designer- One year contract (In Office Role)
About Spirit of Math:
With over 30 years of success, Spirit of Math is an innovative leader in after-school mathematics education for high-performing students. Located at more than 40 campuses across Canada. From our after-school classes and campuses to our expanding series of math workbooks and training for educators, Spirit of Math is changing the equation for inquisitive minds around the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and creative graphic designer. The Graphic Designer will join our in-house marketing team to create brand tone and related engaging content used globally on various digital, social, and print channels that fulfill marketing objectives. This role will work closely with Marketing Manager. **This is a one year contract role**
Knowledge and Experience:
- Create brand tone and maintain it across all media produced.
- Design assets for online and offline media: digital display advertisements, infographics, GIFs, selling decks, graphics for social media, and graphics for website landing pages and microsites.
- Design and create digital assets for product content, eCommerce, and the digital shelf
- Design for in-campus print applications such as displays and sales collaterals
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing, productions and other departmental teams on content development and participate in pre-production meetings
Reporting to the Marketing manager, this individual will be responsible for the following:
- Support campuses to develop, submit, and track their marketing plans. Assist them in closing their tactics with vendors. Setup periodic marketing reviews with each campus.
- Conduct in-person campus brand and marketing audits.
- Organize campus photo and video shoots by liaising with the production department.
- Develop and execute offline marketing campaigns to promote Spirit of Math to potential students and their families.
- Collaborate with the Campus Principal and other staff members to identify target audiences and key messaging.
- Plan and attend community events, such as school fairs and parent teacher conferences, to promote our program and engage with potential customers.
- Build relationships with community organizations and businesses to expand our reach and increase awareness of our program.
- Conduct market research and analyze data to identify opportunities and refine marketing strategies.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of offline marketing campaigns and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain accurate records of marketing expenses and budgets.
- Coordinate and execute all marketing requests by campuses. Maintain approval forms for each completed request.
- Create and maintain files and folders clearly mentioning the activity, its outcome, its files and time conducted.
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to handle a high-volume workload
- Ability to design for various national, regional and hyperlocal campaigns
- Attention to detail is important when creating designed assets that must convey a message for a brand both for story continuity and aligning to a brand TOV
- Willingness to react, respond and pivot creative in a timely manner
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Basic understanding of the education industry and the requirements
- Proven understanding of designing branded product content
- Strong design capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Motion Graphics or Interactive Design
- Minimum of 5 years Graphic Design work experience
To promote cooperation, inspire confidence, and release the genius in every child.
Spirit of Math is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. The positions are open to all qualified applicants, including men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and other groups protected by human rights laws. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
- Job Family Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- SoM Headquarter, 101-1446 Don Mills Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada