Senior Manager, Sustainability
Subway® is on a multi-year transformation journey to improve across all aspects of its business, including taking a fresh look on how it makes an impact on the world around us. As part of its efforts, Subway is striving to make healthier living way easier for its guests, employees and franchisees.
The Senior Manager of Sustainability is part of the global communications team and plays a critical role in leading Subway’s sustainability efforts, including driving forward the global sustainability framework encompassing both social and environmental pillars. Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, the role works collaboratively with global, regional, and functional teams across the company as well as with our supply chain and industry partners. The individual is both a team player and self-starter with a passion for tackling complex challenges and driving change.
- Work with regional and functional teams to execute the global sustainability framework, including across social and environmental pillars.
- Develop and execute North America sustainability roadmap, in partnership with key functions.
- Keep leadership updated and aligned on sustainability goals and drive progress against stated commitments.
- Support communications to educate and engage with franchisees, consumers, employees, NGOs, media and other stakeholders on Subway sustainability initiatives.
- Aggregate and manage global sustainability data and report progress against sustainability goals and commitments to key stakeholders.
- Assess trends, emerging issues and serve as subject matter sustainability expert on environmental and social topics, such as responsible sourcing, sustainable packaging, and community engagement.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure legislative compliance across key sustainability topics.
- Maintain and establish partnerships and relationships with external and industry organizations and participate in relevant working groups as appropriate.
- Work with and/or lead external consultants and agencies, as needed.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in a corporate or consulting setting.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in both environmental and social aspects of sustainability.
- Experience developing and implementing sustainability plans for an organization, brand or program, working with cross-functional teams across regions.
- Proven track record of driving change across an organization and engaging with senior-level stakeholders.
- Excellent written, visual and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex data in understandable and actionable ways.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Self-starter and effective problem solver with strong analytic skills and independent decision making.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities, while maintaining a strong focus on execution and results.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite of tools, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Franchise- or QSR-experience is a plus.
- Job Family PR & Communications
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Miami, FL, USA