Licensed Insurance Broker-Work From Home
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Excited to make a big impact at one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies! (*Globe and Mail 2021)
- Passionate about customer service, solving problems, and have a keen eye for detail
- Energized by leading a team and offering your skills as an insurance professional to the people around you
We are looking for highly motivated and driven Licensed Insurance Brokers to join our rapidly growing Atlantic Distribution team.
To ensure success as an Independent Contractor, you should possess excellent communication, be customer service oriented, and have a self-motivated disposition. Ultimately, an outstanding Independent Contractor will produce high-quality work with limited supervision.
About the role:
Our industry leading compensation model and proprietary software means you will have the potential to earn 2-4 times the industry average. There is NO cold calling or prospecting associated with this position. You will be provided with between 125-200 warm leads per month, consistent lead volume will be facilitated by our group partnerships and digital marketing strategies. This position is a mix of both sales and service. You will have the opportunity not only to earn a high earning potential year over year on new business sales through your determined efforts, but also passive or reoccurring income through your legendary customer service as you build your book of business with the leads provided. As the designated Advisor for your clients, you are the main point of contact for any of their insurance needs or inquiries, creating a consistent relationship built on trust and transparency.
What you will be doing:
- Assess clients needs and provide accurate insurance advice to cater to client’s satisfaction
- Provide solutions to clients changing insurance needs while adhering to underwriting criteria set by our insurance partners
- Actively pursue warm leads and referrals provided
- Answer inbound calls and respond to online inquiries
- Provide quotations, and routine follow-up with leads to bind new business (home, auto, small business)
- Provide prompt response and service when modifying, and adding additional coverage to clients existing policies
- Provide claims counselling or advice within the carrier guidelines
- Maintain a working knowledge of Surex carrier portals, broker management systems, and policy management systems
- Participate in ongoing sales and service training programs
What you will need:
- Must be General Level 1 or 2
- Motivation and work ethic
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with friendly demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced computer skills – good working knowledge of Google suite considered an asset
- Experience with Powerbroker is considered an asset
- Prior insurance experience considered an asset
What we offer:
- The best commission compensation package in the industry
- Option to work from home
- Secure future in the digital space
- Ongoing training and development programs
Founded in 2012, Surex is Canada’s fastest-growing online Insurance Marketplace™. Surex's growth has been awarded by the Fintech Business of the Year Awards, Canadian Business' Growth 500 3 years in a row, and the Globe & Mail's Top Growing Companies as a leading Canadian insurtech company in the insurance brokerage space. Recently we were acknowledged as a "Top Insurance Workplace" by Insurance Business Canada and 50 Top Workplaces by Silicon Review in 2019 & 2020. And we are just getting started! At Surex, our mission is to give security, transparency, and comfort to Canadians. Currently, we have 60,000+ policyholders across 9 Provinces and Territories. We are investing in increasing our capacity to scale and have goals of reaching 500,000+ customers.
We are a people-first company that strives to create the best experience for our employees by creating an inclusive, collaborative, challenging environment to learn and problem-solve on a daily basis.
Surex is dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination on any basis including race, color, creed, religion, national/ethnic origin, sex, age, family status, or sexual orientation. We are committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit, or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our recruitment and selection process, please contact us at 1-855-242-6612.
*Please note that all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Surex, please visit our website at www.surex.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, October 16, 2023
- Fredericton, NB, Canada
- Halifax, NS, Canada
- Moncton, NB, Canada
- St. John's, NL, Canada