Current Rate of Pay: Min = $20.97/hr, Max = $24.32/hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: up to 6 months
Hours of work: 40 hrs/week
Work location: Indian Line Campground
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: No
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2023
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. Apply now!
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
Supports the clean and safe operations of TRCA parks and facilities for visitors. Providing site admission and sound customer service to visitors.
- Performs basic landscape and grounds maintenance, utilizing various grounds and landscaping tools and equipment to conduct the work, performing safety inspections prior to usage.
- Performs general cleaning functions, including garbage collection, cleaning of washrooms, building spaces etc.
- Performs basic building/site maintenance functions (under supervision).
- Greets and engages with all visitors to provide exceptional visitor experiences.
- Identifies and reports hazardous site conditions; ensures that staff and visitors do not encounter unsafe areas, materials or equipment.
- Assists with parking control duties as required, adhering to all safety protocols.
- Maintains knowledge of site and facility programs and programs at other facilities.
- Processes admissions, merchandise sales, snack bar (dependent on location) payments and transactions using point of sale systems.
- Cash handling including counting floats and summation of daily sales/revenue.
- Provide general clerical support and duties as required, including booking of events.
- Participates in daily safety meetings including tailgate meetings, hazard identification and emergency planning.
What will you need to succeed:
• Minimum pursuing a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Ontario Class G2 driver's license.
- Strong health and safety aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and courtesy.
- Ability to manage conflicts and utilize de-escalation skills to resolve conflict situations.
- Basic computer proficiency in MS Office suite including online software such as MS teams, WebEx, and SharePoint.
- Required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 20 kg.
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on June 5th, 2023.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection, and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records and Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880 2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $20.97
- Max Hiring Rate $24.32
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Required Education High School
- Boyd Conservation Park, 8739 Islington Ave, Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
- Indian Line Campground, 7625 Finch Avenue West, Brampton, Ontario, Canada