Grounds and Facility Support Representative (Seasonal)
Current Rate of Pay: Min = $15.99/hr, Max = $17.34/hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: various
Hours of work: up to 40 hrs/week
Work location: Bathurst Glen G.C., Bruce’s Mill C.P, Lake St. George F.C
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2023
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. Apply now!
- Bathurst Glen Golf Course (12481 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, ON L4E 2B4)
- Bruce’s Mill Conservation Park (3291 Stouffville Rd, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON L4A 7X5)
- Lake St. George Field Center (950 Bethesda Side Rd, Richmond Hill, ON L4E 3G2)
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Grounds and Facility Support Representative is responsible for maintaining landscaped grounds and gardens, along with clean buildings and facilities. The Grounds and Facility Support Representative will carry out various basic facility maintenance tasks such as turf maintenance, landscaping, gardening, and cleaning of TRCA grounds and public buildings and facilities. The position will also assist with event set up and tear down.
This position performs general customer service duties in support of providing an excellent customer service experience for all TRCA patrons. Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Carry out various facility maintenance tasks including but not limited to:
- Landscaping and turf & grounds maintenance (mowing, trimming, removal of debris, litter pick-up, weeding, planting etc.).
- Cleaning of buildings, washrooms, work areas and other facility amenities.
- Garbage collection and disposal.
- Assembly and/or repair of benches, fencing, signs and other facility and ground assets.
- Basic trail, roadway and walkway inspection and maintenance.
- Perform the safe operation of hand-held, walk behind and ride on landscaping equipment.
- Greet and engage with all visitors in a pleasant and helpful manner to provide exceptional visitor experiences; provide general guidance and resolve conflict as required/where possible.
- Assist in providing and enhancing visitor experiences by preparing areas for public use, including setting up prior to and cleaning up after day use picnics, day camps, events, etc., and engage with program or event organizers to ensure needs are met.
- Ensure all required equipment is available, in good working condition and stored appropriately; ensuring a pre-inspection of all equipment prior to use.
- Identify, manage and report hazardous site conditions; ensures that staff and visitors do not encounter unsafe areas, materials or equipment.
- Assist with parking control duties as required, adhering to all required safety protocols.
- Maintain and complete accurate records as required, including but not limited to inspection and maintenance records, incidents, accidents and occurrences.
- Understand and adhere to all legislated requirements, TRCA policies and procedures, emergency procedures and Health and Safety legislation and standards.
- Understand and follow responsible cash handling procedures as required.
What will you need to succeed:
- High school diploma an asset.
- Active and current Standard First Aid and CPR certificate is considered an asset.
- Previous training on maintenance and grounds equipment/tools is considered an asset.
- Previous experience working in a general maintenance position an asset.
- Experience working at a golf course an asset (based on hiring location).
- Strong health and safety aptitude.
- Good customer service skills coupled with effective communication skills.
- Experience handling and operation of small equipment is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- General computer skills.
- Valid Ontario Class G2 driver’s licence in good standing.
- Required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays.
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on April 30, 2023.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $15.99
- Max Hiring Rate $17.34
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Bathurst Glen Golf Course, 12481 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
- Bruce's Mill, 3291 Stouffville Road, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
- Lake St George, 950 Bethesda Side Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada