Intern, Development and Engineering Services
Current Rate of Pay: Min = $20.97, Max = $24.32
Employment type: Short-Term Contract
Duration of employment: 6 weeks
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Earth Rangers and Head Office
Division: Development and Engineering Services
Business unit: Watershed Planning and Ecosystem Science
Remote Work: Yes.
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA is considered the provincial leader in conserving, restoring, and managing natural resources to advance safe and sustainable development.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Intern, Development & Engineering Services (DES), under the direction and guidance of DES staff will shadow Watershed Planning and Ecosystem Science field staff during fieldwork to capture media content and provide support in preparing communications.
- Assists staff with capturing and editing visual media content of DES work.
- Assists in the preparation and organization of audiovisual equipment.
- Research, plans and executes final project during or shortly after the internship ends.
What will you need to succeed:
- Currently enrolled in, or recently completed, a post-secondary program in Resource Management, Urban Geography, Biology, Ecology, Planning, Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, and/or Digital Media, and Marketing and Communications.
- Valid Ontario Class G2 driver’s license.
- Ability to deal work professionally with others.
- Ability to comprehend written documentation and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to write clear correspondence.
- Sound time management and organization skills.
- Team player with experience working in a group environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including online software such as MS teams, WebEx, and SharePoint.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values by demonstrating the following behaviours; integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on May 29, 2023.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection, and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records and Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880 2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Co-Op/Intern
- Min Hiring Rate $20.97
- Max Hiring Rate $24.32
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 80
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Earth Rangers, 9520 Pine Valley Drive, Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
- Head Office, 101 Exchange Avenue, Concord, Ontario, Canada