Small Animal Surgeon Opportunity
Toronto Animal Health Partners Emergency and Specialty Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Board-Certified Small Animal Surgeon or Residency Trained Surgeon to join our well established surgical team. Toronto AHP has been open since March 2019 with an established referral caseload in both orthopedics (approx. 60%) and soft tissue/oncology surgery (approx. 40%). The hospital is modeled after best practices in human medicine with five core principles: quality, compassion, service, innovation, and partnership. Our mandate is to increase the quality of care for companion animals through knowledge transfer among and between human and veterinary clinicians, together improving patient outcomes, client care and professional satisfaction. We offer world class facilities with technology and medical equipment that equals or exceeds advanced human hospitals, including a 3 Tesla MRI, fluoroscopy, advanced laparoscopy and arthroscopy, 7D surgical navigation, CUSA, BioMedtrix Total Hip Replacements, mechanical ventilation, CT and ultrasound and ABC Artificial Intelligence for triage and admission. Our specialty teams include 7 departments with 16 specialists who work in tandem with our ER teams, consisting of full-time ER doctors and RVTs, to provide the best possible medical and surgical care for each patient.
The successful candidate will benefit from a cross care model where all clinicians, including specialists, have knowledge of cases to ensure the highest quality of medicine, daily rounds, a positive work environment with supportive leadership and a strong team of dedicated and knowledgeable support staff. We recognize the importance of work/life balance and have designed a full-time schedule that allows for ample time to relax, travel and pursue your hobbies.
As part of our network, you will receive competitive compensation, bonus potential, generous CE allowance, VIN membership, licensing dues paid, paid vacation, paid wellness days, generous personal pet policy, great health benefits and access to our network of over 1000 DVMs!
Interested in learning more? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com (Head of Surgery Service) and we would be happy to continue the conversation.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Board-certified (or eligible)
- Previous experience handling mixed surgical caseload (orthopedic, soft tissue, emergency)
- A collaborative approach to patient care
- Dedicated to promoting team-based medicine practices
- A passion for coaching, mentoring, and supporting staff and colleagues
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous CE allowance - we know you love to learn!
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support if applicable
- Referral bonus rewards
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Opportunities to teach and provide CE to our network
- Support for continuing research
- Outstanding pet medical & supply discounts
- RRSP Match Program
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Schedules that support a healthy work-life balance
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Excellent vacation allowance
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VetStrategy initiatives
Toronto Animal Health Partners Emergency and Specialty Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1 Scarsdale Rd, North York, ON M3B 2R2, Canada