7000 Pine Valley Dr, Woodbridge, ON L4L 4Y8, Canada Req #1880
Thursday, March 16, 2023
You were made to save animals, we take care of the rest. Founded in 2006, VetStrategy is Canada’s largest operator of veterinary hospitals and clinics. The company operates over 340 hospitals and clinics across Canada and employs over 5,500, dedicated veterinary professionals. VetStrategy has undergone a tremendous amount of growth and continues to grow at a rapid pace. Our business model is simple; we work with our veterinary partners to acquire ownership in veterinary hospitals, and then help in the management of these practices. This allows the medical team to focus on practicing first-rate medicine, and allows the clinic’s staff, clients, and patients to benefit from experienced business operators and managers.
The Tax Analyst is responsible providing tax support to VetStrategy and its Group of Companies. This exciting new role is offered to remote candidates or those wishing to work out of our head office in Vaughan Ontario.
Working closely with the VetStrategy Tax Team, the Tax Analyst is responsible for various aspects of the tax function including tax accounting, tax compliance, tax planning, and assisting with the implementation of tax processes in the department.
- Prepare annual consolidated tax provisions including income tax notes and analysis for audited financial statement disclosures
- Prepare monthly tax provisions and journal entries including tax account reconciliations and true ups adjustments for entities
- Prepare and review Canadian Federal and Provincial income tax returns, indirect tax returns, T5’s, and other information returns
- Assist with various tax matters including but not limited payroll, sales and indirect tax, corporate tax, transfer pricing and international tax
- Providing support in relation to acquisition transactions and tax planning activities
- Assist with various income tax projects, research tax technical issues, and prepare memos on findings
- Leading CRA audit initiatives and responding to tax authority reviews
- Collaborating with the Accounting team on specific tax matters and questions
- Assess quarterly and monthly financial results for tax planning opportunities amongst the Group
- Assess and develop processes surrounding the tax function and implement improvements
- Interface and liaise with external tax advisors to ensure all deadlines including annual and monthly reporting are me;
- Prepare annual budgets and cashflow forecasts for Federal and Provincial taxes
- Assist with the maintenance of up-to-date tax pool and share tax basis information
- Monitor applicable tax legislation to proactively assess and determine impact of any proposals to the Company
- Assist with complex tax issues as required
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
Background, Experience and Qualifications
- CPA designation or near completion
- Minimum 2+ years work experience in a medium to big 4 public accounting firm
- Experience with income tax compliance and tax provision preparation for Canadian corporations and partnerships
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and GAAP tax accounting and reporting
- Strong understanding of IAS 12, deferred tax, and its components
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency in tax software, Excel, Word and Google Doc
- Capable of handling confidential and sensitive information
- Bilingual in English and French an asset but not required
- Must be comfortable being in a pet friendly environment when visiting the head office
Our Ideal Candidate possesses the following Cultural Competencies:
We are Relationship Focused!
- In every interaction with the hospitals, we build and maintain personal connections and trust. All relationships matter regardless of different levels, functions, cultures or geography.
- Different perspectives are encouraged as we look for the best way to do things. We collaborate with the hospitals and one another to ensure that all work is in the best interest of the hospital and takes into account the unique needs of each location. We are externally focused on our hospitals rather than only internally focused on our processes.
We Speak the Truth!
- We are honest and transparent. We can question or challenge without fear of negative repercussions. We support one another and take responsibility for ourselves.
We are Humble!
- We’re all in this together. There is no room for ego or hierarchy mentality here. We are unpretentious and approachable. We support and appreciate one another. We regularly seek feedback without defensiveness. We reflect on our activities and the impact we have on others.
We Take Care of the Rest!
We view everything we do through the lens of the hospitals. We seek to understand first. Every decision we make is based on impact to patient care, client service, and hospital teams. We do what’s best for the hospitals, not just Home Office.
Do not miss out on this unique opportunity to join a fun and dynamic team! VetStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary
- 7000 Pine Valley Dr, Woodbridge, ON L4L 4Y8, Canada