Personal Trainer Flex Fitness Studio
Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada Req #378
Friday, May 19, 2023
Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and results driven Personal Training Specialist to promote healthy living and fitness at our Flex Studio. The Flex Personal Trainer will be responsible for creating and delivering personal fitness training programs for our members and guests of the Brookstreet Hotel.
Opportunities to positively impact the lives of others through your efforts reflect your ability to take ownership of the following:
- Instructing Hotel Guests and Members in all areas of Fitness and Lifestyle, including program design and implementation. Services including both one on one and group class instruction in the fitness centre. May include indoor and outdoor swimming pools as well as other outdoor leisure and sports activities.
- Ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction through the delivery of high quality and creative programs.
- Helping Welcome Partners at the front desk and assisting clients.
- Ensuring compliance to the Health Department and safety regulations, through consistent adherence to hotel quality standards.
- Ensuring safe usage of equipment
- Conducting One-On-One Personal Training sessions
- Educating, motivating and challenging members and hotel guests.
- Formulate & prepare personal programs for personal training clients
- Work as a team player
- Be motivating and energetic
- Share and receive knowledge from fellow trainers
- Minor administrative tasks
- Must be willing to build your own personal training clientele
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Bachelor's degree in an exercise related field is an asset
- At least 1 plus years of experience Personal training / group instruction
- At least 15 hours of availability per week during peak training times
- Well versed in nutrition
- Possess the ability to inspire clients to want to train with you
- Possess the ability to build a clientele
- Positive & upbeat attitude, outgoing personality
- Attending monthly/mandatory meetings.
- A minimum of 1 year of leisure/health club experience.
- Experience in high levels of customer service and client interaction.
- Group Class Fitness Instruction or Coaching Certification.
- Demonstrated examples of course/training outlines available for review.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English. French or other languages an asset.
- Must be available for dayshift, weeknights and weekends based on customers’ needs.
- An abundance of passion, creativity and attention to detail.
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada