Part Time Night Auditor
Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada Req #384
Friday, September 1, 2023
Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
Reporting to the Front Office Manager
Night audit functions
Must be available 3 days a week including weekends
- 2 years' previous experience in Hotel Front Office operations with a focus on Night Audit an asset
- interest in persuing career in acounting.
- Knowledge of computerized Front Office systems preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have cash/float handling experience
- Must be able to work shift work, including weekends and holidays
- Must be available between 9pm - 5:30am and 11:00pm to 7:30am.
- Strong Guest Service skills
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Resolves Guest problems in accordance with Brookstreet Hotel SOP’s and philosophy of partner empowerment
- Knows all emergency procedures and general crisis situation management, including fire and emergency procedures
- Effectively maximizes inventory levels during high occupancy/sold out nights
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external Guest Experience at all times
Night audit functions
- Liases with the accounting department to ensure accurate financial records.
- Update and create reports using Microsoft Exel, Opera cloud, Micros symphony, Elavon
- Audit daily financials of all outlets within the Marshes Golf Club and Brookstreet Hotel.
- Balancing end of day reports
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada