Early Learning Assistant (Part-time)
We are currently looking for an Early Learning Assistant to join our team of committed professionals. This part-time position within the Association is at various locations throughout the City of Greater Sudbury and Markstay. Under the leadership of the direct Supervisor of Child, Youth and Family Development (CYFD), the Early Learning Assistant is responsible for the health, safety and well-being of the children in their care (0 to 12 years). The Early Learning Assistant will ensure all YMCA Policies, Procedures and legislations as outlined in the Ministry of Education’s Child Care Early Year Act (2014) are compliant at all times. The Early Learning Assistant will ensure the delivery of safe and high-quality child care. The Early Learning Assistant will bring forward immediately any health, safety or well-being concerns to the lead educator and their supervisor.
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Sudbury, ON
RATE OF PAY: $17.12 per hour
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent *for education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES with their application
- Minimum of one (1) year working with children and/or youth
- Current Standard First Aid with Infant and Child CPR (Level C) *Recognized by the WSIB
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Certification in YMCA Playing to Learn and Healthy Child Development is an asset
- Health Assessment from Medical Professional and Immunizations Record
- Current and satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ensure all spaces that children and adults’ access, including, cubby area, washrooms, outside are safe, secure, clean and organized
- Plan, prepare and deliver high-quality educational programming, by following the YMCA’s National curricula’s
- Provide effective supervision of children at all times to ensure their overall health, safety and well-being
- Exhibit professional, confident and positive relationships with all families and community partners
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, please apply, by website only, with a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Personnel Committee.
**This position may be entitled to a Ministry of Education Wage Enhancement Grant (WEG) of up to an additional $2.00/hour for qualifying positions within a licensed child care program at the YMCA. The YMCA submits an application annually for all entitled positions. The WEG is approved by the local Municipality and Ministry of Education, and is a government initiative to enhance the wages of child care educators. The WEG is not guaranteed by the YMCA andcan be withdrawn by the Ministry of Education.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada