Router - Logistics Coordinator
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 46 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. Distinguished as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years!
Join our winning Transportation team! Now hiring a Router in Kitchener!
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00am – 8:30 pm; Alternating Saturdays: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
The Router is a dedicated logistics professional who will support routing plans within a dynamic transportation network. The incumbent is flexible and committed to creating efficiencies through route maintenance and adjustments to deliver optimized route solutions to meet our driver and customer needs.
- Execute daily inbound / outbound route planning functions with accuracy, on-time delivery performance, equipment utilization, efficient routing practices, overall cost effectiveness and business performance
- Complete accurate and concise reporting upon completion of daily tasks
- Support routing plans for inbound / outbound route network
- Review new customer addition of change requests to the delivery network, provide recommendation or approvals to sales group
- Perform daily standard route maintenance exercises by reviewing recent history and applying adjustments as needed
- Identify areas for improved performance and customer satisfaction to support business goals
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience required
- Strong decision making skills, and ability to adapt to support dynamic business requirements
- Advanced computer skills are required Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have ability to work independently and take initiative to create efficiencies
- Strong organization and time management skills required
- Previous experience within a transportation/logistics environment preferred
- Experience within the foodservice industry considered an asset
- Experience utilizing route planning tools within a Transportation Management System preferred
- Flexible to support the work schedule required
- Other duties as required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefit
- Family oriented culture
Be part of the Difference!
All employees of Flanagan Foodservice must demonstrate adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices as well as all Company’s policies and procedures.
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada