Flanagan Foodservice Warehouse Supervisor
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 46 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. We have been named a winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row.
Join our Warehouse team in Kitchener, ON!
Now hiring a Warehouse Supervisor for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies!
Nights (Sunday to Thursday, 9:00pm to 5:30am)
The Warehouse Supervisor is an experienced warehouse professional with expertise in all areas of warehouse duties. Leading with a safe and supportive approach to deliver the best possible results to our customers, you are collaborative and inspire people to be the best they can be. You will welcome the challenge of leadership, and enjoy working with a diverse group of people to ensure company success.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefits
- Family-oriented culture
- Lead and supervise a team of warehouse employees in all aspects of warehouse duties
- Ensure continuous open communication with all other shift supervisors and departments
- Maintain employee records for your direct reports including training, discipline, incentives, injuries etc.
- Provide career mentorship and conduct regular performance evaluations with all direct reports
- Identify areas of improvement for employees, providing additional training as needed
- Enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment
- Take responsibility for hiring, delegation, disciplinary actions, terminations, vacation scheduling and appropriate coverage as needed
- Continuously identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance
- Minimum 1-5 years warehouse experience, and 1 year or more in a leadership role
- Effective leadership skills to mentor and motivate employees including experience with coaching and employee development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate an adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices
- Must have experience and/or training within a warehouse environment and with WHMIS, food safety, lifting techniques and Material Handling Equipment;
- Strong knowledge of First In First Out (FIFO);
- Ability to lift heavy product (up to 80lbs) and enjoy an active career
- Ability to work in a fast paced shipping and warehouse environment
- First Aid Certification considered asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Be Part of the Difference!
All employees of Flanagan Foodservice must demonstrate adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices as well as all Company’s policies and procedures.
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada