Flanagan Foodservice - Warehouse Associate - Whitby (Afternoons and Nights)
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 46 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. We have been named a winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row.
Warehouse Associate – Afternoon and Night shift!
In this position your day will consist of operating a forklift to travel through the warehouse picking customer orders and preparing them for shipment, ensuring food safety and the accuracy of the orders for customer service excellence.
- Safely operate an end rider (forklift), including pre-shift and post-shift equipment check;
- Lifting and loading food and other products onto pallets (up to 80 lbs);
- Accurately selecting products using a computerized inventory system;
- Scanning and placing labels on product and building pallet based on sequence;
- Preparing pallets for shipping to our customers;
- Working in a variety of temperature zones from dry (20 degrees) to freezer (-20 degrees Celsius);
- Adherence to all Health & Safety, Food Safety and WHMIS practices.
- Daily housekeeping activities to ensure a clean and safe environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a past paced, physically demanding environment - lifting (from 10 to 80 lbs);
- Good communication skills (reading and writing) and strong customer service mentality;
- Ability to work in multiple environments including colder climates - refrigerated and freezer areas;
- A good attitude, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation package - $21.00 to $25.00 per hour!
- Shift premiums and freezer premium - earn up to an additional $2.00/hr
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Profit Sharing Program
- Dayforce Now Wallet. Quick and easy access to money earned!
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Uniform and boot allowance
- Paid Personal Days and a day off for your Birthday
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefits
- A family-oriented culture
- Employee Recognition Programs
What it’s all about:
Our Warehouse Associates go the extra mile to deliver on our promises of customer service excellence. As a member of our Flanagan family, you will enjoy an active career and you will experience new challenges every day. The role can challenge you physically at times, but the relationships you build with your team will give you pride in what you do every day.
Since 1977, Flanagan Foodservice has been enabling special moments in people’s lives through the food and services we provide to our customers. Our team of customer advocates have been supporting restaurants and businesses all over Ontario with excellence. We understand that success isn’t simply achieved, but is crafted with passion behind it.
Our family run company is rooted in Canadian tradition; quality service combined with warmth that exemplifies what Canadians are known for. Our distribution centers across Kitchener, Whitby and Sudbury ensure a reliable supply throughout the entire province.
Our commitment to corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion enables us to create an
environment of personal and professional growth for our team members. At the same time, we strive towards maintaining a culture which encourages everyone to contribute meaningfully throughout their journey with us while delivering exceptional service!
For more information, visit www.flanagan.ca or follow us at facebook.com/flanaganfoodservice, instagram @flanaganfoods or twitter @flanaganfoods
Be Part of the Difference!
All employees of Flanagan Foodservice must demonstrate adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices as well as all Company’s policies and procedures.
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Whitby, ON, Canada