3D Model Designers
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the unique industry of shipbuilding? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team! Genoa Design International is currently recruiting Junior, Intermediate and Senior 3D Model Designers to join our Team!
The Design & Consulting Team is the engine of Genoa that keeps our company moving. We have a varying degree of experience and skills in multiple disciplines, all working together to achieve a common goal of delivering accurate, high-quality documents to our customers. The 3D model team takes engineering documents and turns them into a fully integrated digital ship.
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of designers, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop complex 3D Models of Structure/Outfit or mechanical (Pipe, HVAC, Electrical) systems for new shipbuilding projects, with a focus on functionality, integration, and industry best practices.
- Perform complex design tasks on projects with an understanding of multidisciplinary environments by collaborating with team members from other disciplines for necessary inputs.
- Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system.
- Compliance of 3D model with regulatory standards, classification rules (DNV, Lloyds/GL, ABS etc.), design guidelines, and client specific standards.
- Interpret technical drawings and engineering information related to the 3D model and/or distributed systems.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned that relate to technical leadership and integration of Genoa’s projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- A Technical diploma or degree in a related discipline (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Marine design experience in a related discipline, either structure and/or distributed/marine systems, or a combination.
- Experience working directly with regulatory bodies and classification societies.
- Experience 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, annotating, and drafting for new ship construction and/or refit projects.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, Ship Constructor, AVEVA, Cadmatic, Foran or other ship design software would be an asset.
- Exposure to a shipyard or production environment would be an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
At Genoa, we take caring for our people seriously! We’re committed to creating and maintaining a 5-star workplace. Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation package.
- RRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program.
- Vacation and discretionary days.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE
- A flexible work schedule and environment.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Engaging team builder activities.
- Rewards and recognition for a job-well done.
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you and community engagement opportunities.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada
- Genoa Design International - BC Delivery, 218-949 3rd Street West, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada