Senior Designer - Outfit Discipline Lead
Are you looking for a unique, rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
Genoa Design International is currently searching for a Senior Designer (Outfit Discipline Lead) to join our Design & Consulting Team. While this individual will be a Genoa team member, we are excited to share that the successful individual will work closely with our client and will be embedded within their team!
The Design & Consulting Team is the engine of Genoa that keeps our company moving. We have a varying degree of experience and skills in multiple disciplines, all working together to achieve a common goal of delivering accurate, high-quality documents to our customers. The 3D model team takes engineering documents and turns them into a fully integrated digital ship.
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A Senior Designer (Outfit Discipline Lead) will be responsible for:
- Work embedded with our customer to lead a Detail Design Team for the outfit discipline (metal outfit, foundations, stairs, supports, joiner, etc.) to develop the full 3D model and extract production drawings.
- Ensuring that goals and objectives of projects are met within the given schedules and budgets.
- Providing expertise to define program technical requirements, CAD modelling, processes, and procedures.
- Supporting the development and review all technical design proposals, budgets, etc.
- Driving collaboration with all relevant stakeholders to ensure proper coordination.
- Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with the quality management system.
- Perform complex design tasks on projects with an understanding of multidisciplinary environments by collaborating with team members from other disciplines for necessary inputs.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned that relate to technical leadership and integration of projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
As a Senior Designer (Outfit Discipline Lead), you will need:
- An Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma within the Marine sector or equivalent (degree relevant to the following disciplines: Structure, Mechanical/Piping/HVAC, Electrical).
- 10 or more years of experience within the shipbuilding industry/experience with ship design. Exposure to a shipyard or production environment would be considered an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge, ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Knowledge and experience in CAD software’s, ShipConstructor, AVEVA, etc. The knowledge/use of CADMATIC would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Class requirements.
- Familiarity with the National Shipbuilding Strategy program (NSS) is considered an asset.
- Experience leading multicultural design teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
The successful candidate must be willing to work onsite (in the office) in North Vancouver, BC.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
At Genoa, we take caring for our people seriously! We’re committed to creating and maintaining a 5-star workplace. Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation package.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Engaging team builder activities.
- Recognition for a job-well done.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Genoa Design International - BC Delivery, 218-949 3rd Street West, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada