Intermediate Civil Engineer
As an experienced Intermediate Civil Engineer with an interest in water resources and municipal engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting, multi-faceted, high-profile projects in the heart of our city and Western Canada. You will expand your academic training, people skills, and professional practice by developing and implementing technical solutions, engaging with other disciplines and sub-consultants, managing and coordinating teams, and liaising closely with our client representatives.
You will be part of an award-winning Infrastructure group in Alberta and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be the project coordinator on challenging projects that involves civil, hydrotechnical, geotechnical, hydrogeological, environmental, and regulatory disciplines. This excellent opportunity will enable you to expand your technical tool box, project management capabilities, and client liaison skills and business acumen;
- Build upon and diversify your technical skills on a variety of civil engineering / water resources projects, that may involve: surface water hydrology; numerical flow modeling; stormwater systems and retention ponds; water and wastewater networks; dams and hydraulic structures; mine water management systems; river bank erosion and flood protection works, and dam safety related assignments;
- Be involved in all stages of a project, from concept to completion, including: undertaking the design; preparing design reports, drawings, specifications, and tender documents; providing support throughout the tender process; managing construction contracts whilst providing technical support;
- Develop your project management skills under the guidance of senior engineers and scientists; being the point of contact on projects; learning to foster long-term relationships with our key clients and our sub-consultants; and managing technical resources, sub-consultant input, cost and schedule as part of project delivery;
- Manage and train junior engineers, actively supporting their career development;
- Broaden your professional practice by working on multi-disciplinary engineering projects while maintaining your focus on civil engineering; and
- Work throughout western Canada with potential opportunities to travel internationally;
- Work in a dynamic company culture with a diverse, hands-on, small, and hard-working office team that supports career development and diversification.
If you have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer and have a minimum of 5 years’ of experience in a similar consulting environment, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Work experience on civil engineering and multi-disciplinary projects;
- Strong initiative, innovation, commitment to technical excellence and continuous learning, enthusiasm, and drive toward long-term success;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including experience in contributing to proposals, technical reports, presentations to client representatives, providing clear direction to project team members and sub-consultants, and general project correspondence; and
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our client representatives and project teams; and
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 156-A23.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates.
- Job Family Engineers
- Job Function Civil Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Hopewell Place, 500 - 2618 Hopewell Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada