Klohn Crippen Berger’s Saskatoon office is seeking a Hydrogeologist with experience in conducting field investigations and monitoring programs for groundwater and environmental projects. Working within our Hydrogeology Team, you will advance your career in our One Team culture that focuses on growing strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a desire for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
Our project opportunities include hydrogeology and environmental services related to seepage management of tailings and water dams, mine water management, water supply, supporting geotechnical designs for dams, geohazard assessments, contaminant hydrogeology, environmental compliance designs and groundwater engineering. Our project field work is mainly centered in Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia, but may also include some international projects.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join a dynamic team of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality hydrogeological and environmental services.
- Develop your knowledge and technical skills in hydrogeology through practical experience, on-the-job training, and mentoring from experienced Hydrogeologists.
- Engage in both field and office-based hydrogeology work on projects such as tailings and water storage dams, mine water management, dewatering, water supply, slope stability, contaminant hydrogeology and other environmental and engineering applications.
- Gain exposure to groundwater and hydrochemical analytical and modelling software packages.
- Provide input and be recognized for your contributions to the team and projects.
- Broaden your professional practice by working on multi-disciplinary engineering projects while maintaining your focus in hydrogeology.
- Travel to a variety of field locations within Canada and internationally.
If you have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology or Geological Engineering, 6 years of demonstrated hydrogeological and field investigation experience, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Willingness to travel to sometimes remote sites in Western and Northern Canada to engage in field work for commitments occasionally lasting up to three weeks in duration. Field work is a key consideration for this position.
- Experience designing, installing and field testing of wells for water supply projects, aquifer feasibility studies, dewatering / depressurization and monitoring projects.
- Experience in implementing and undertaking groundwater and environmental monitoring and sampling programs.
- Working knowledge of industry standard software packages including: AQTESOLV, AquiferTest, Surfer, AquaChem, Geochemist’s Workbench, RockWorks and GIS software.
- Eligibility to become professionally registered in Canada.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, and an ability to build long-term, successful relationships with project teams and clients.
- Comprehension and application of health, safety and environmental principles, and a commitment to quality management systems.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and cover letter quoting the job reference number 159-A23.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Salary
- Strata Building, 1729 Ontario Avenue, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada