Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
As an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of multifaceted projects in an organization with an impressive history of delivering large-scale, world‑class projects for our clients. This position, based out of our Calgary, Alberta office, will provide you with the opportunity to be engaged in the ongoing growth of our Calgary operations.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Manage and coordinate projects, lead multidisciplinary project teams and mentor junior engineers.
- Lead design and analysis in the following practice areas:
- Tailings and mine waste management and design for proposed, operating and closed mines;
- Dam safety assignments for water and tailings dams;
- Environmental impact mitigation and monitoring;
- Closure and reclamation.
- Coordinate and manage field investigations, instrumentation, and testing programs.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Travel within western and northern Canada, and to international locations.
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Civil, Geological or Geotechnical Engineering and a minimum of 4 years of related experience, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Design/analysis skills, especially in geotechnical stability analysis of earthfill embankments, soil foundations and tailings storage facilities.
- Proven site investigation and construction experience encompassing our practice areas.
- Experience in preparing design packages for tendering and construction.
- Experience using Autodesk Civil 3D and GIS software.
- Superior communication skills including your experience in writing proposals and technical reports and delivering presentations.
- Ability to get assignments completed on time and within budget.
- Commitment to safety and sustainability.
- Strong initiative, innovation, hunger for learning and commitment to technical excellence.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 187-A23.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Hopewell Place, 500 - 2618 Hopewell Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada