Civil Engineering Student Co-op
Our Calgary office has co-op/internship opportunities in the Civil or Geotechnical Engineering division for engineering students. These opportunities are available for either 4, 8, 12, or 16-month terms.
This role will give you an opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of local and international projects that may include site characterization, geohazard risk assessment and control, terrain analysis, tailings dam engineering, numerical modeling, foundation design, mine and tailings planning, mine pit slope design, embankment dams and earthworks design.
- Get involved in site investigation and drilling programs, core logging, lab testing, instrumentation installations and monitoring and data review and analysis.
- Build and develop strong relationships with multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors, clients, and other project stakeholders.
- Use your problem-solving ability to find innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry in a supportive, dynamic company culture that supports career development.
- Potential to travel to various project sites within Western Canada (primarily Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia), and internationally.
- Currently enrolled in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of a recognized engineering program
- Valid driver’s license
- Passport (for potential international travel)
- Willingness to travel
- Eagerness to learn good engineering practice
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Please apply in writing by submitting your resume and cover letter indicating which length of term (4, 8, 12 or 16-months).
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Hopewell Place, 500 - 2618 Hopewell Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada