As a Junior Hydrogeologist you will work on a variety of multifaceted projects in an organization with an impressive history of delivering large-scale, world-class projects for our clients. This position, based out of our Saskatoon office, will also provide you with the opportunity to be engaged in the growth of our Saskatchewan operations.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) continues to expand and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and internationally. Our “One Team Culture” values a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join a dynamic team of motivated and dedicated professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services.
- Engage in both office and field-based hydrogeology work on a wide variety of projects.
- Be involved in all stages of the project, from concept to completion, including proposal writing, field program planning and execution, data management, and report writing.
- Broaden your professional practice by working on multi-disciplinary engineering projects while maintaining your focus in hydrogeology.
- Travel to project locations within Western and Northern Canada.
If you have a minimum of 2 years’ of experience, a Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology or Geological Engineering, we want to hear from you!
- Experience conducting hydrogeological and contaminated site assessments, seepage analysis and mitigation, groundwater supply development, dewatering evaluations, and hydrogeochemical characterization.
- Working knowledge of industry standard software packages including: AQTESOLV, AquiferTest, Surfer, AquaChem, Geochemist’s Workbench, RockWorks.
- Experience designing, installing and field testing of water wells for aquifer feasibility studies and monitoring projects.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, site assessment guidelines and experience in preparing permit applications.
- Strong initiative, problem solving ability, innovation, and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports, and general project correspondence.
- Team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with project teams and clients.
- Comprehension and application of health, safety and environmental principles, and a commitment to quality management systems.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 215-A23.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Salary
- Strata Building, 1729 Ontario Avenue, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada