Senior Geotechnical Engineer
KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a team of professionals whose passion is to provide solutions to our clients while reducing potential risks to the wider community and environment. Our clients are predominantly from the resources sector and we work on both Australian and international projects. KCB has opportunities for Senior Geotechnical Engineers to join our integrated and multi-disciplinary team, based in Newcastle. If you share our passion, please apply.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale, world-class mining projects including the design and construction of tailings residue and waste storage facilities, water management structures (for example spillways, diversion channels, pipelines, etc.) and other associated infrastructure for the Mining and Energy Resources Sector. KCB continues to grow and has exciting projects which will allow you to challenge and grow your engineering skills. We have a high concentration of experienced engineers, who work directly with our close-knit team. This offers you the opportunity to work with, guide and learn from, technical professionals and leaders who are highly regarded within their field. This role will provide you with interesting technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services.
- Manage projects, lead multidisciplinary project teams and mentor junior engineers
- Lead projects including the development, review and approvals of technical specifications, drawings and design reports and tender packages for major tailings dams, mine waste facilities, containment facilities and mine infrastructure projects
- Provide input into and prepare conceptual and detailed engineering designs, engineering studies, feasibility studies and condition assessments
- Work closely with clients from concept design through to construction, commissioning and operation stages of the project lifecycle
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop business
- Work in a wonderful small company culture
- Travel within Australia and internationally to various field locations
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Ability to work autonomously and to engage remotely with teams in offices around Australia and overseas
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams
- Strong business acumen and your ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental leave
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015 – 2022).
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter at www.klohn.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Newcastle NSW, Australia