Geoscience - Geochemist - S4
Klohn Crippen Berger is a globally recognised engineering and geoscientific consultancy. Our Australian operations service clients within Australia, Asia and the Pacific, and we are often involved with operations in North and South America run from our local offices in these locations. Sustained strong business performance and an increasing share of the market have driven our regional growth locally, particularly in our Geochemistry group.
We are seeking motivated individuals to apply for the position of Geochemist based in our Brisbane office. This is a hands-on technical role intended to add value to our international environmental geochemistry practice.
Our technical staff have the opportunity to travel locally and internationally, which with diversification of projects, is encouraged to fast track experience and technical capability whilst maintaining a high level of interest and diversity in the work our staff undertake. We work internationally and within Australia in the mining industry, and also have a growing portfolio of government and non-mining project work. The role will include developing geochemical characterisation programs, geochemical modeling and contributions to large multi-disciplinary projects in mining and natural environments.
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- 5 to 10 years of relevant geochemical experience or the equivalent of education and experience.
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree which includes geology, preferably post-graduate qualifications in geochemistry/hydrochemistry or similar.
- Geochemical experience and knowledge is required in the areas of acid rock drainage, neutral rock drainage, water quality modeling and geochemical test programs.
- Experience in water quality modelling using software such as PHREEQC, GWB or GoldSim would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of mine water treatment/rehabilitation or mine closure would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Australian and international ARD regulations and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills in English, and the ability to work with a team of professionals.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally in remote and varying environments sometimes with limited communications and logistical support.
- Show comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles. Previous consulting experience is an asset.
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% additional superannuation
- Parental leave
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Novated car leasing opportunities
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
We place very high regard on ongoing professional and technical development, committing to and supporting industry technical bodies, and delivery of training and mentoring programs for all staff.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2022).
Join a growing team that is down to earth and up to challenge. If you’re interested in growing your career with international, world class projects, please apply on-line.
Only applicants who apply directly will be considered for this role.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Level 1, 154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia