An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Hydrologist to join our water engineering team in Brisbane. You will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world-class projects both in Australian and internationally.
Our projects include tailings and waste storage facilities, water management structures, water dams, hydropower schemes and resource infrastructure projects. We are engaged in the entire project cycle from site investigation, design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance, and closure. As a member of our surface water engineering team, you will have the opportunity to apply your skills in surface water hydrology to these projects while working closely with other talented professionals and our clients committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Further develop your:
- expertise in water balance and water quality modelling (GoldSim (highly desirable), OPSIM, Source);
- proficiency in hydrology modelling (WBMN, AWBM, RORB), hydraulic modelling (HECRAS, TUFLOW) and GIS software programs (ArcGIS, QGIS); and
- working knowledge of the Queensland and Australian legislations, standards and guideline as they relate to the water sector.
- Work closely with clients (internal and external) from the conceptual model development phase through to model delivery and ongoing support.
- Work with and coach junior staff to support the development of their skills.
- Provide input into and prepare proposals, cost estimates, presentations and technical reports detailing model findings.
- Develop project management skills on projects both large and small.
- Work in a wonderful small company culture
- Travel within Australia and internationally to various field locations
If you have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Chemical or Environmental), Science (Hydrology) or Environmental Science, with a minimum of 5 years experience in the energy, mining or related industries with 2+ years of related water balance modelling, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong initiative, innovation, and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and professional experience.
- Ability to work autonomously or within a project team with likeminded professionals in offices around Australia and overseas.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports, and general project correspondence.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams.
- Ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients.
- 2.5% additional superannuation.
- Income Protection Insurance.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible work from home options.
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience, and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil and gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil, and Peru.
From our offices in Brisbane and Perth, our Australian operation work on challenging projects in the mining, energy, and government sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015 - 2022).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Level 1, 154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia