Senior Civil Marine Engineer
As a Senior Civil Engineer in our Power & Transportation (P&T) group you will have the opportunity to work on marine / ports engineering and civil infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment.
Working in the Vancouver office where many of KCB’s larger infrastructure design projects are undertaken, a principal focus being KCB’s ports and marine engineering business, you will report to a Senior Department Manager and be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
This opportunity is ideal if you have strong technical design skills as well as effective management, communication, multidiscipline coordination and organizational skills to manage projects and teams, and are looking to progress into a senior leadership role. You will have excellent opportunities to grow with the company and become one of the company’s future leaders as we undertake major infrastructure projects.
This senior role will give you the opportunity to
- provide engineering designs for large civil infrastructure projects, ports and harbour facilities
- work with diverse and multidiscipline teams of managers, engineers, designers and drafters
- act as a technical resource and mentor junior staff
- write and compile technical reports and fee proposals to clients
- be a member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement design activities
- maintain quality throughout a project and implement improvements when determined
- prepare regular project summary reports
- mentor junior staff, encourage growth within the department and increase the general knowledge base throughout the company
- develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients
- travel within Canada and internationally
If you have a Canadian P.Eng. professional registration with eligibility for registration in B.C., P.E. (USA) professional designation would be an asset and have a minimum of 15 years of broad-based engineering experience including a proven track record of solid results and successful delivery of projects in port engineering or in other heavy civil projects with similar skills requirements, we want to hear from you.
We value your
- technical design experience and expertise in reinforced concrete, structural steel, piled/other foundations and earthworks, and competency in marine design, seismic design and analysis
- ability to understand cross-discipline design aspects and interface effectively within the multi-discipline (environmental, geotechnical, civil-structural, electrical and mechanical) design team of a large project, and understand multi-discipline design concepts depicted on project drawings
- proven capabilities in owner/client liaison
- familiarity with construction scheduling for large construction projects
- proven ability to effectively motivate a group of professionals and communicate with staff at all levels
- excellent English verbal and written communication skills, and strong report writing skills
- ability to work effectively and build strong relationships with clients
- initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with three major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury and Toronto, Ontario; Lima, Peru; London, UK; and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well internationally).
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides multi-discipline engineering services for heavy civil infrastructure projects and clients in a variety of sectors. Disciplines include environmental, civil, hydrotechnical, mechanical, electrical, structural and geotechnical engineering.
- Our hydroelectric team does all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects
- Our structural capabilities include bridge design and rehabilitation, seismic design, and all elements of heavy industrial engineering
- Our ports and harbors group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Broadway Tech Centre, 500-2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada