We have an immediate requirement for an Aquatic Biologist to join our Calgary office, working within our growing biophysical team in the Alberta Business Unit. This opportunity will allow you to work on a wide variety of projects for long-term clients spanning many market sectors.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a global, dynamic, award winning company whose success is based on delivering solutions to the toughest technical challenges facing our clients. Working within our Alberta Group, you will advance your career in our “One Team Culture” that focuses on growing strong, collaborative teams committed to high quality project delivery. We value a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Utilize your current skills and experience while continuing to expand your knowledge and ability in project coordination for baseline development, environmental effects assessment, and regulatory consultation
- Perform various field studies including aquatic habitat assessment and mapping, fish, invertebrate, water, and sediment sampling, and monitoring and management of construction effects
- Consult with Municipal, Provincial and Federal governments to secure regulatory approvals and permits
- Provide exceptional technical service to and develop strong relationships with our key clients, both internal and external to the organization
- Work with a strong team of talented professionals in a small, cohesive company culture
- Travel within Canada, primarily in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan
If you have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Aquatic or Fisheries Biology or Ecology, are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Biologist and have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar consulting environment, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Experience and knowledge in various market sectors including water resources, infrastructure, transportation, oil and gas, mining, or hydroelectric
- Strong technical skills and knowledge relating to fish species habitat requirements, fish habitat assessment and mapping, fish population inventory, effects assessment, and mitigation or offset planning
- Experience with benthic invertebrate sampling
- Working knowledge of Provincial and Federal Environmental Legislation and permitting processes
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Experience with GIS and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite®
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our multi-disciplinary project teams
- Willingness and availability to travel and work flexible hours when required to meet project requirements
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with five major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York (UK), our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the Water, Power and Transportation, Oil Sands, Mining, and Oil and Gas market sectors.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and cover letter quoting the job reference number 144-A23.
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hopewell Place, 500 - 2618 Hopewell Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada