Senior Aquatic Biologist
As a Senior Aquatic Biologist, we invite you to join our biophysical team that is continuously engaged in a wide variety of multi-disciplinary projects for our long-term clients. KCB continues to expand and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and internationally. KCB seeks a lead to mentor and oversee other environmental scientists, both in the field and in the production of high-quality deliverables for our clients.
This prospective role will provide an opportunity to advance your career in our One Team culture where we value a positive attitude, teamwork, the desire for continuous learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and an enjoyable work environment.
In this role you would:
- Utilize your current skills and experience to plan, execute and manage baseline studies, environmental effects assessments, and regulatory permitting submissions, including coordinating inputs from a multi-disciplinary team
- Lead or oversee a crew conducting various field studies including aquatic habitat assessments, fish, invertebrate, water, and sediment sampling, and monitoring and management of instream construction effects
- Mentor junior and intermediate staff as lead for biophysical staff in Calgary, working with senior staff in other offices to coordinate resourcing personnel to project work
- Manage environmental projects and integrate the results of environmental and regulatory facilitation into engineering and design projects
- Prepare applications and support consultation with Municipal, Provincial and Federal governments to secure regulatory approvals and permits
- Provide high-value technical services to develop positive relationships with our key clients, both internal and external to the organization
- Collaborate with our talented professionals across multiple disciplines
- Participate in our sustainability, safety, social, and other committees
- Travel within Canada, primarily in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan
If you have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Aquatic or Fisheries Biology or Ecology, are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Biologist and have a minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar consulting environment, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Experience and knowledge in various market sectors including water resources, mining, infrastructure, transportation, hydroelectric, or oil and gas
- Strong technical skills and knowledge relating to fish species identification and habitat requirements, fish habitat assessment and mapping, fish population inventory, effects assessment, and mitigation or offset planning
- Experience with benthic invertebrate, water quality, and sediment sampling
- Technical skills and experience in disciplines other than aquatic biology
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation and permitting processes
- Experience contributing environmental inputs to the engineering design process to identify constraints, mitigate environmental effects, and address regulatory requirements
- Enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence and learning
- Superb verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Experience with GIS and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite®
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our multi-disciplinary project teams
- Willingness and availability to travel and work flexible hours when required to meet project requirements
- Participation in industry Technical and Professional associations
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, water resources, and municipal sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, North and South America, and the United Kingdom.
Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Salary
- Hopewell Place, 500 - 2618 Hopewell Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada